Guns and Cigarettes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEEP MEEP!

Anyone else watcing the Olympics?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled into the parking lot of Brigham’s at 7:28 and studied it, looking for Danny. I noticed a big mass of black cars parked in the back corner and decided to try that. I drove over and parked in a sport that as a couple down from the closest car. Then, I took a deep breath and ducked out from the driver’s seat.

“Are you Griffin?” a man asked as I made my over to the cars.

“Yeah,” I said, now confident that I was in the right place.

“I’m Brigg,” the man said, sticking out his hand. I shook it nervously and then let my own hand fall limply to my side.

Brigg was big, like huge. He had black hair buzzed close to his head, and both biceps were covered in a variety of tattoos. The man was built like a tank, and even when he shot me a genuine smile, I was intimidated.

Brigg led me to a car and knocked on the window twice. After a moment, it rolled down to reveal Danny. “Griffin,” he greeted once, “I’m glad you made it.”

“Thanks,” I replied, a bit unsure of myself. Danny climbed out of his car and looked to the two other cars. The doors opened and a couple of men clambered out, most of them the size of Brigg.

“You said you found Sawyer?” I asked, shifting my weight from one foot to the other.

“Yes,” Danny said, “My mole tells me that Marcus is currently borrowing a warehouse from one of his associates on the outskirts of town. He also confirms seeing Sawyer on the day you called me, so we know she’s there.”

A though crossed my mind suddenly, and I frowned. “Does Sawyer’s grandma know what’s going on?” I asked, realizing that the poor woman was probably freaking out because her granddaughter hadn’t come home from the party.

“She does,” Danny stated, wincing. “I went and talked to her. It took a lot of convincing, but she finally agreed not to call the police for the next forty eight hours.”

I would’ve smiled at the mental image of Sawyer’s grandma and Danny had the situation surrounding their meeting not been so serious.

“What’s the plan?” Brigg asked from next to me.

“We’re going to drive to the warehouse and try to sneak in,” Danny said. “However, at some point, all hell is going to break loose, like it does. When that happens, Brigg, you and your guys will try to occupy the attention of as many guards as you can. While you’re keeping them busy, Griffin and I will go find Sawyer and get her out.”

“How do I distract ‘em?” Brigg questioned, and Danny rolled his eyes.

“However you want. These men took our Sawyer, so I don’t give a shit about what happens to them.”