Final

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've reached the end!

Please Excuse the Mistakes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is really embarrassing."

"No, it's not."

"Griffin, you're not the one who is standing here half naked."

Griffin burst out laughing and my cheeks flushed redder then they already were, if that was even possible. "Can you please just help me get my shirt on?" I asked shortly, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Yeah," he replied, and he grabbed the t-shirt off of the hospital bed and unfolded it. I raised my arms and bit my lip to keep from crying out. Even with the strong pain meds, my shoulder and ribs hurt 24/7. I barely managed to get my bra on by myself, so I'd opted for Griffin to help with my shirt and I'd decided to leave the hospital pants on.

Griffin pulled the shirt gently over my head, and he helped me find the arm holes. When I put my arms back down at my sides, I gasped loudly and leaned against the side of the bed. "Are you alright?" Griffin asked, his voice full of concern.

"Just grab the sling," I replied breathlessly, and I watched as he picked up the blue piece of fabric pulled the long strap around my neck. Thankfully, the shoulder that had gotten shot was connected to the broken wrist, so I only had to wear one sling.

After connecting the whole sling together, Griffin ducked out of the hospital room to tell the doctor that we were ready to leave. When he returned, I noticed the nurse following behind with a wheel chair. I raised an eyebrow at Griffin, who just shrugged and picked up my small duffel bag. "She said it was protocol."

The nurse nodded and I groaned. "It's not like I just had a baby or something," I grumbled as I set myself down gingerly in the wheel chair. Grandma Aggie was waiting in the car, along with all the flowers, cards, and stuffed animals, since she'd already checked me out.

The nurse wheeled me through the hospital to the pickup door, and every time I looked over at Griffin, I found him trying to stifle his laughter. He wasn't doing that great a job.

Griffin helped me into the backseat of Grandma Aggie's car and then he slid in next to me. "Took you long enough," Grandma Aggie said, "I hated seeing you in that damn hospital bed."

"Not as much as I hated laying in it," I replied with a laugh. It wasn't that much of a secret that Grandma Aggie blamed my dad for what had happened to me. She'd straight up told me that he was putting everyone she loved in harm's way.

I leaned into Griffin's arms as we drove home, and I felt the slip pressure of his lips against the top of my head. I smiled and snuggled in closer, and I could hear his heart beating through his chest.

"I love you," he whispered, and I felt my heart jump to my throat.

"I love you, too." I looked up into his dark eyes and found myself lost in them. Griffin tipped my chin up, and our lips brushed lightly. Then, as Griffin's fingers wove through my hair and the kiss deepened, I heard someone clear their throat loudly.

I jerked back from Griffin and looked up to find Grandma Aggie eyeballing us using the rear view mirror. She raised an eyebrow at us and said, "I may be old but I'm not blind."

Griffin laughed nervously and my face just flushed with embarrassment. I burrowed my face in Griffin's sweatshirt and groaned loudly. I stayed there and ended up almost dozing off, since my pain meds made me drowsy, but then I heard Grandma Aggie say, "Who is that?"