Very Climactic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I WENT TO A LAX GAME AND WAS ON THE JUMBOTRON!

Excuse the mistakes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gun felt heavy as I tucked it into the waistband of my jeans. I'd opted for dark clothes, which is something that the movies seemed to have gotten right. Danny and I stood in the trees that surrounded the warehouse, with Brigg standing a few feet away with his men.

I could see the guards standing outside, guns holstered on their belts. This was all suddenly so real, and there was no way I could back out now. Danny glanced at me, his expression asking me if I was ready, and I nodded hesitantly. I was scared; there was no doubt about it.

Danny gestured to Brigg, who whispered something to his men, and then they slipped along the tree line until they came to a place that had the least amount of guards. One of the men raised a bigger gun than I had, and in a split second, the only guards standing on this side of the warehouse fell to the ground.

I winced at the sight of my first dead body, and I knew deep down that it wasn't the last that I'd see tonight. "Come on!" Danny hissed at me, and all of us sprinted towards the door. Brigg yanked it open, gun first, and look around.

"Coast is clear," he whispered before adding, "For now."

Danny nodded and we all filed into the building to find ourselves in a stairwell. "Which way?" I asked, and Danny thought for a moment before pointing up.

"They'll be keeping Sawyer on the level above the ground so that she can't jump out a window without being severely hurt," he stated, and then he pointed towards a door next to the stairs. "Brigg, you go through there. If they think that it's just you, all of the men will come down to stop you, leaving us a safer passage."

Brigg nodded, and he clamped a hand on my shoulder. "Bring her back, kid." Then, he rushed off through the door, and like clockwork, cries and orders rang out, and in time, there were gunshots.

Danny pushed me under the stairs, and we crouched down behind some metal barrels as men started running down the stairs. Soon, they all disappeared into the room where Brigg was, and Danny crept out from the metal barrels. I followed him, and together, we started running up the stairs.

Danny opened the door at the top and held his gun out steadily in front of him. He nodded at me, and I hurried through the door after him. I pulled my gun out of my waistband and Danny led me down the hallway. I glanced through every window I saw, but I couldn't see anyone in the rooms.

"Where is she?" I asked, my voice panicked. "Did we get it wrong?"

"She's here Griffin," Danny replied, "We'll find her."

I swallowed, not at all comforted his by his words, but I didn't argue. Danny knew so much more about things like this than I did, so I didn't think it would be good to verbally question his information.

Just as we neared a corner, a man whipped around it to face us. Immediately, I noticed the fabric in his hand. It was a piece of Sawyer's shirt, and it was stained heavily with blood. "Danny!" I hissed, "That's from Sawyer's shirt!"

As I said that, the man pulled a gun from his holster and pointed it at Danny. However, neither of them shot at each other. "Where is she?" Danny snapped.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that," the man replied. Danny cocked his gun, but the man made a clucking sound with his tongue. "If you shoot me, others will hear, and they'll come. You'll be dead soon, and then she'll join you."