4. not today

I'm currently sitting in mount weather whilst Raven is fiddling with technology trying to find a launch code. Bellamy went off on some sort of mission to diffuse a missile or something and I didn't go because he told me to but mainly I didn't want to be around Pike because he's annoying as f*ck. I'm consumed with thoughts far from the scene in front of me. I was walking around earlier today and I saw a married couple. And it got me thinking. I never thought of myself as the 'wife' type but it seemed so magical. I feel like sealing the deal is something I need in my life right now. Everything is blood and death and sadness.

"Marley, can you go to the president's office to check for a code that he may have written down in case he forgot?" Raven asks shaking me out of my thoughts... more like distant dreams.

"Sure thing..." I say heading out. Honestly, this place gives me chills. I almost died here. This place has brought nothing but misery into my life. It's where I was told Bellamy, Michael, Joey and Raven died, where I was kept in a cage, drained of my blood, drilled and carried out ready to die. Me being alive is a pure miracle... God must have quite the thing for me...

I wander aimlessly fiddling with my hair until I find his office. I shuffle through his desk looking in drawers and cabinets trying to find anything with that looked remotely like a launch code. After a good ten minutes and nothing I call Raven on the walkie talkie.

"I got nothing." I groan into the walkie talkie whilst double checking papers.

"Just keep looking Mar, are there any locked drawers?" Raven replies but before I can call back I'm grabbed from behind with my mouth covered. I begin to scream into my attacker's hand as I try to get out of his grip but within a split second, I feel a cold, sharp object jab in and out of my lower abdomen. Once, and then again and again. It's excruciating before I can even comprehend what is happening they let go of me and I collapse to the ground.

"Marley? ...Marley? Marley?" Raven speaks into the walkie talkie but I'm in far to much pain to even process the situation. I feel like my bodies been split in two. I hear the person rummaging through the papers on the desk and then I hear them typing in a code or something. The entire rooms spinning and I cough up some blood. I look down at my stomach and all I see is blood.

I try to focus back on the situation when I think of Raven. I notice my attacker pass me in a rush leaving the room. A grounder. He has white paint on his face and a hoodie. In a daze, I try to find the walkie talkie. When I find it takes all my might to pull myself towards it.

"Raven... He, he set off the bomb... run..." I speak into the walkie talkie with all my might. I'm not sure if I even formulated words but that's all I can manage.

"Marley! Are you okay? We need to get the code, how long!" Raven shouts obviously in a rush. I scream trying to pull myself up to the table to check the alarm.

"45 seconds," I mutter staring at the alarm. This is it. Do or die.

"Run Marley! Get the hell out of there." Raven screams and I know there's no time. If I don't get my sh*t together this is the end.

"Raven get as far away as you can, I'm right behind you okay." I lie to her... I probably won't make it and I can't risk getting her killed so she can drag my ass out of here.

"Are you sure your okay?" She pants from the other side obviously running.

"Not a scratch," I mumble trying to remain breathing. I clutch my stomach as I stumble as quick as I can. In my head, it feels incredibly fast but I know it's not. I hold onto the walls for support. When I see the exit I run like hell. The adrenaline helps me ignore the fact that my liver is probably falling out of me and I must have like no blood left but I do it.

I run because I've decided I have to live. No matter how badly I want to reunite with my lost ones I can't. That day will come but it can't be today. My parents died to protect me, my eldest brother was sent down to earth for me, my twin gave up his life to protect mine... I have to live... For them... Because if they die for nothing then it's all pointless. And I wasn't raised to die because of this.

That's when I see it. The light. My way out. I force myself to run. It's the hardest thing I've ever done but I do it. And the second I get outside I feel a great force push me forward. And that's it.

Hey everyone!

I can't remember the last time I uploaded a chapter to this story!

This book has barely any readers and I'm sure most of you have lost interest but if your still here your the best and I hope you like it.

Till next time x