13. calm

"Bellamy?" I ask as I go to leave the hospital room to see everyone.

"Yeah?" He asks looking up at me.

"I think we should keep this to ourselves for a while." I say and he nods in agreement. There's to much going on right now. I want us to have a little bit of happiness for ourselves. I know it's selfish but we need it.

——————

"Marley!" I hear as I make my way around Arkadia looking for Michael. I turn around to see Octavia. Before I can even say her name she runs up to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"I'm so glad you made it! I missed you so much. Bellamy was a mess without you. Well we all were." She says quickly causing me to laugh.

"I missed you to." I reply hugging her back. "How are things going around here?"

"Pikes taken control... And everyone wants to get rid of all grounders. He killed 300 grounders who were trying to protect us." She replies sadly. I shake my head a little. God what is with people these days.

"I'm so sorry Tav. Is there anything I can do to help?" I ask feeling really bad for her. She always fit in with the grounders. They were like her second family.

"Could you talk to Bellamy?" She asks hopefully but I frown.

"Why would I need to do that?" I frown confused.

"He's working for Pike." She replies solemnly and my jaw literally drops. I cannot believe him.

———————

I make my way around Arkadia looking for Bellamy. I need to hear this from him.

"Bellamy." I yell out from the other side of Arkadia. He comes up to me looking confused. Probably because of the deathly look on my face.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks softly.

"What's going on with this whole Pike situation?" I ask putting my hand on my hip.

"He's the chancellor. I'm his right hand man." Bellamy explains casually.

"Right so I'm assuming as his right hand man you helped him kill 300 innocent grounders." I state and I see his face fall.

"They we're trying to," Bellamy tries to explain but I cut him off.

"You should be ashamed of yourself. No one should ever have to justify killing innocent people Bellamy. You know why? Because you can't justify it. It's wrong!" I yell at him. I don't even know who he is anymore. I walk off and head into the woods, ignoring his calls for me. I'm pretty sure that I pissed a few people of because I don't think they wanted me to go past the gate but at this point I don't really care.

I sit in the woods and just look out into the trees. I breath in the fresh scent of pine and try to clear all the negativity away. I decide that since I almost died I want to start fresh. I want to forget all the terrible things in my past and fix them.

"No, no, no!" I hear from in the woods and I turn around quickly and clench my gun. I see a figure run past me and it doesn't take me long to figure out who it is.

"Jasper." I yell out and he looks at me. However, instead of seeing his usually drunk self he's a crying mess.

"What? I thought you died?" He asks with tears still slipping down his face.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." I joke bringing a little grin to his face but it doesn't last long. "What's wrong Jasper?" I ask and I get up and go give him a big hug. Poor guy. I look at him once again but he just shakes his head with shaky hands.

"I, I can't." He replies stuttering. I sit him down and sit next to him.

"Jasper you know you can tell me anything." I reply calmly. I must admit I was scared to hear his answer. I hope he didn't do anything terrible.

"It's awful Mar." Jasper says crying into his hands.

"It's okay. I won't judge you." I say hoping to relax him.

"I spilt Maya's ashes." He replies looking at me expectantly. I don't know what to say so I just hug him. We sit there for a while. He cries into my arms and tells me how he's messed everything up. He doesn't think anyone will ever love him after everything he's done. I decide not to say anything and just to listen.

After a while we just sit there in absolute silence. It's nice. Not weird or awkward. No one feels the need to fill to silence. It's calm.

It's strange. To think a little more than two years ago we sat on a ship together. Innocent but really not. Totally unaware of what the future held for us. We were never best friends of anything but we were always there. Not prying but just there if each other needed anything. And here we are now. Looking what the worlds done to us and what we've done back.

hey everyone!

I haven't posted on this story in a while but I'm trying to get it up and running again. I hope you liked this chapter : )

till next time x