-five-

The second Troye and Jacob got back to the pack house the alpha took Troye straight to the back yard. The two sat on a swinging bench looking at a barely lit fire pit. Troye loved the outside, and not just because it's in his nature. The outside always gave him a sense of peace.

"I was," Jacob cleared his throat. "I was young when the auctions started. We'd always have a lot of people in our house at once and my mom always told me and my sister that they were grown- up parties."

"Did-did you believe him?" Troye asked. 

The alpha nodded his head. "At first yeah, there wasn't anything else that made sense. Then as time went on I noticed less people were leaving his house than coming and that's when I got suspicious. I asked my mom about it and she gave me some bullshit excuse."

Instinctively Troye laid across Jacob's lap. "Did your mom know about the auctions?" He said looking up at Jacob. 

It took Jacob a second to respond since he was suprised that Troye just laid on him like that but then he nodded his head. "Yeah but if she said anything about it he would auction her off. She finally said something about it when she saw young girls being taken and it made her think of my sister. So that night she told my dad that she was going to tell someone about this and just like he promised the next day she was gone."

Troye's eyes widened. "He auctioned off your own mother? What-what did he tell you and your sister?"

"She went on a 'business run' for him," He sighed. "I told myself that one day I would challenge him and take over his role as alpha and destroy everything he's done."

It went silent for a moment and the two looked around before Jacob's eyes settled on the house. "Some of them in there has lost someone or their whole pack because of my father and what he started and I owe it to them," He looks down at Troye. "And to you to."

Troye sat up and looked at Jacob. "You owe it to yourself too. I mean yeah a lot of here has lost families due to your dad but he sold your mom," He said before putting a hand on Jacob's shoulder. "It's okay to be selfish every once in awhile."

Jacob looks over at him and smiles. "Thanks."

The two just look at each other, neither of them were saying anything... not even telepathically. They didn't have to, they knew what the other was thinking even if they didn't believe it. Jacob knew Troye was his mate, he knew from the minute he met him. There was no doubt in his mind that it wasn't him... he just knew. 

"I should- I should go, I need to get the pack together for out training session," Jacob said getting up. "You can come and join if you want."

Troye gets up and points to his ribcage. "N-not with these stitches, Raven hasn't given me the okay yet." 

Jacob nodded. "Well at least come and watch."

Troye smiled. "I will."

x

Raven matched her name perfectly, she had long black hair that was always pulled back and she had hazel eyes. Despite the fact she looked intimidating she was a complete softy, although the soft side of Raven was hard to come by. 

She was in the middle of putting her hair up when Troye walked in. Once Troye walked in he noticed the alpha markings on her back. Alpha markings are something alphas would get when they are born. Most of the time it on their backs but occasionally it can be in other places. Although Ravens were different there were claw marks through hers.

"It was a parting gift from my father," She said sarcastically as she turned around. 

Troye made a face. "What?"