-twentyfive-

x

"You're going to have to talk to me about it sooner or later." Ria says leaning against the door frame.

Raven turns from the window to face Ria. The beta sighs and walks up to Raven. "Times of closing yourself   off when you're upset is over," She says drapping her arms of Raven's shoulders. "Not with me around."

The female alpha sighs. "Connor," She says.

"You seemed pretty upset with him earlier," Ria says. "But something tells me there is more that is making you angry than just this situation."

Raven sighs. "This isn't the first time that a council member has bought Connor to our door," She pulls away from Ria and fixes her ponytail. "He just thinks that because a member brings him to our doorstep."

"We've done it countless of times..." Raven says. "If it wasn't almost exposing our entire race he was on a bender and almost getting into fights with some of the most elite wolves... even bigger than the members."

Ria gets up, walks over to Raven and sits her down onto the bed. "I've done my fair share of bad things," Ria says. "I'm from the Westward pack... one of the most notoriously dangerous packs in werewolf history."

"That's history... not present," Raven says looking over at Ria. "And it seems like the pack cleaned up their act... Connor hasn't."

The beta looks past Raven and at the picture frame of her and her mother. "Do you think Connor was lying about knowing where they are?" She says. 

Raven looks over her shoulder at the picture. "Honestly I don't know," She says. "Connor will say anythig to get back under Jacob's paws.  Then again, he has just as much to lose as I do. His mom and sister were taken too."

"Isn't that all the more reason to believe him," Ria says. "He knows how you and Jacob are both feeling... why would he lie now."

Raven look over at her. "Because despite everything he is still someone that will do whatever it takes to save his own ass," She says. 

"We're wolves," Ria says. "It's what we do."

"You say that as if you are defending him." 

"I'm not," Ria says before rubbing her thumb over a tattoo that is a cursive 'W' on her wrist. "But I've learned you cant judge someone over their past."

Raven rolls her eyes and gets up. "You know I don't like being wrong," She says. "I'll be right back... if anyone asks, you're in charge." 

"Sure thing Rave." Ria says with a wink. 

x

"Something wrong?" Troye says looking over at Jacob. They were early for their reservations so they were just walking around town.

Jacob shrugs. "Its just weird," He says. "Not fighting for anything anymore. I've been dealing with my father for as long as I can remember and now that I have.... it just feels like a part of me is missing."

"The fights not over," Troye says. "Just your part and trust me, you'll have another battle to fight." 

"I guess...."

The male omega laughs. "You can never take a break."

"Well were..." Jacob looks around before leaning over and whispering. "wolves."

They both laugh before walking hand and hand down the street. There were still parts that were unaware that the supernatural was a thing and that they walk by them everyday. That's why there is a council, because if serious word got around it would be world war three.