Chapter Two.

{Zane's POV}

My feet carry me along the winding castle halls, and I find myself back at the entrance. I cautiously step out into the village, trying to avoid any unnecessary attention. I kept my head down, but still bumped into someone nonetheless.

I looked up to spot a lively girl in guard uniform, holding her hand out to me. "My apologies for bumping into you, sir." Her accent seemed foreign, and something I had never heard before.

"No, it's alright." I say, taking her hand, standing up and dusting myself off.

The girl shakes my hand, and I notice her brown, almost crazy curly hair, and her tanned skin. "My name is Tifa. And don't worry, I already know who you are." She smiles more.

"Nice to meet you, Tifa." I say, keeping the smile from off my face.

Tifa's voice lowers slightly. "I've always wanted to see you in person. Today must be my lucky day." She winks at me.

I let out a small laugh, before continuing on my walk. Tifa follows.

"It's not good for you to be out in the open like this unprotected." She said, with a bounce in her step. "But don't worry, I'm a guard. I can help you out for today!"

"Oh.. Alright. You make a good point." Knowing I was a lord... Being unprotected with no knowledge of the terrain might prove dangerous. Having Tifa by my side is surely beneficial.

Tifa's smile grew, if that was possible. "Great!"

As she and I made our way through O'Khasis, the name of the big city, we heard many mumblings of 'demon rumors.'

As we passed these so called 'rumor shops,' my mind was swirling with one thought.

Travis.

If these demon rumors are true, that means that someone might know where Travis is.

And I need to find him.

I looked over at Tifa, who only looked at me with confusion.

"Have you heard the demon rumors?" I asked her, and she nods.

"I'm from that region, acutally. It's a beautiful place to visit." She smiles.

"Really?" My eyes widen slightly.

Tifa might be my key to Travis.

---

Word Count: 357 words

Hiiiiiiiiiiii

I like to insert people i know into the story :)

if you can't tell already

Hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to vote~

Ily all! xoxo Sam