Chapter 1: At the Beginning

Everyone is talking about what happened in the press conference of the movie “Till my Heart Aches”, the team up movie of Gerald Anderson and his reel and real life girlfriend, Kim Chiu.  Is it true that Gerald had betrayed Kim and was romantically involved with Bea Alonzo?  When asked, Bea was mummed about it and said she was not involved with Gerald. 

Kim admitted after the walk out that she and Gerald were not really in a relationship. Their sweetness as bf/gf is all for shows or scripted. There is no romantic liaison between them.   They are good friends and she was hurting for him and begged everyone to please understand their situation.  She doesn’t know about the rumored relationship with Bea.   The press covering the event said you cannot really control your emotion; the truth will always come out even if you build it with promotional releases.  This is the end for Gerald Anderson’s movie career.  The Kimeralds fans were getting wild and even treated the family of Gerald and Bea.  This is the cause why Gerald can no longer contain and spill out the truth despite the warning from the bosses not to.  He said:  he has to protect his family. He cried but still some of their fans booed and condemned him.

In the studio, during the rehearsals for ASAP prod, Yeng said to Sarah:  Sa, you’re lucky, the supposed movie pairing you with Gerald did not push through, you may have been subjected to the unruly attitude of their fanatic supporters.  Sarah:  God save me from them.  But I pity Gerald; he has feelings, why do they have to control him.  It seems he is truly in love with Bea.  But maybe we cannot prevent the fans for doing what they did; they are emotionally attached to the Kimeralds tandem. Like me, I like their love team; all the while I thought they are really in a deeper relationship.  Nicky then asked Sarah:  What if, you were in Bea’s shoe, will you fight for Gerald?  Sarah looking at Nicky questioningly answered:  You are asking me? Me?  I don’t even know if I can handle a relationship. Look what happened to me; I don’t have any inkling that I am being subjected to bet by someone I thought is real which turned out to be a hoax.   Someday, I hope, if God will allow, meeting a non showbiz person to be my first legitimate boyfriend.  Her friends laughed saying, you can never tell; and go back to their rehearsals.

After three months, her handler tell Sarah, that the bosses of Viva and Star magic are making negotiations for the resumption of the aborted movie project with Gerald.  They wanted to test whether paired with her; Gerald can have a new lease in his career.  Sarah was shocked still remembering the news, why me?  There are other actresses like Maja, Nicky, and Ann… who can be paired with him.  Please Ate Ana, tell them to defer it, I don’t want to be involved with Gerald at this moment, and his fans are very unruly and threatening.

Sarah  continue to excel on her craft, but emotionally, she was hurting because no one knew that she had trusted someone with her heart but he just played with it.  She thought she has found the right guy who will fight for her and make her feel the beauty of being in love, but dismally; she found out the truth that he is involved with another woman who is more liberated and sexy.  She then vowed to herself, the next time she will fall in love, she will make sure that… the guy will formally asked permission from her parents and will have the guts to tell the world of his real intent and feelings for her.  She wished that the guy she will fall will be the right man she will marry someday.

It’s the beginning of a new year; she has many commitments already line up for the year including the third movie with John Lloyd.  But she was informed that it will not pushed through because JL has some personal problems to look into and requested to be given some time to rest from the grueling schedules of showbizness.  So she concentrated in the preparation for the big concert scheduled for valentine with Sir Martin.  She was also contemplating to further hone her craft and wanted to enroll in the workshop to be done in the US; so she filed for a one month vacation by July to pursue her study.  It was granted by her boss.  Everything set; she was surprised to receive a notice for a story conference with a new movie which will be immediately filmed and tentative scheduled of showing by March.  Her mother had already consented about this so she has no way out.   Her thoughts, what is this? Another quickie movie, how can they finish the movie with only two months remaining before the scheduled showing?