16.5 All The Pain We Shared [PRT 2]

Namjoon had just been pacing back amd forth in the waiting room. He hadn't heard a single thing after half an hour and assumed the worst. It felt like hours though. There was no end to his fear and his worry. All that flashed was the pain his beta mate. He needed to be there. He should be there no matter how severe the situation was.

"How is he? Did you find out what was wrong?"

"Yes but he wants to tell you personally. He's in a room now and you are free to see him."
---

Namjoon burster into the room and went straight to Jimin ignoring the nurse currently doing her check up. "Jimin! Are you okay? What happened Jimin?" Namjoon's hands going to cup Jimin's face.

"Yes I'm fine now." Jimin's hand going over Namjoon's face as he leaned into the touch. "Namjoon you have to listen to every word I say. Promise me you will do as I say?"

"You're scaring me."

"Promise me first. Then I'll tell you, okay?"

"I love you. I promise you I'll do as you say."

"You can't blame yourself. Its not your fault. Its not my fault. There just isn't any explanation and this happens to many people." Jimin pauses, a shaky breath escaping his mouth. His line of sight down to Namjoon's hand. The older holding back tears as things ran through his mind. "I-" his voice leaving him as he tried to conjure his voice, "I had a misscarage." Jimin looking straight into Namjoon's eyes as tears ran down his face. Namjoon's tears running too. Their shared dream never seemed further away.

Namjoon's heart shattering for the second time. It ached for Jimin who loved the idea of having his own baby or even babies. He remembered the bright light in Jimin's eyes when he spoke of his day and the woman or men he met that day. How their babies were developing and just how much he loved his job even if he was tired.

And then Jimin had his slip up. Not even four months after they had mated and Jimin's words brought so much happiness to him. "I want to have a baby." Those words could have drawn anyone away and told him to take it slow but to Namjoon, it felt like he'd been waiting so long. He didn't even have to think it through and just said yes. He felt like Jimin's dream was his too and he would do anything for his mate. For the person he fell in love with and do anything to keep him happy.

Those words made him feel like he was drowning. He felt lost. How? How could this happen? Why didn't they know?

How could they? Namjoon was gone and was just recovering from jet lag. He'd been gone for two thirds of the month. Jimin had shifts,too many shifts and just earlier that morning he had just gone to pick up the tired wolf from work. He barely saw him for an hour as the two went straight to bed and cuddled staying in each other's warmth.

Now he saw how sad Jimin's eyes were. How the light was dull. Just how broken Jimin looked. How could he let this happen?

He hugged Jimin tightly and they softly fell back onto the bed. Namjoon laying his head right onto his chest and his tears falling. Jimin massaging his hair, running fingers through it as tears fell down the side of his face. Jimin connected through their mind link and heard how Namjoon was breaking their promise.

"I-I told you not to blame yourself." Jimin's tears fell faster but his cries were silent while Namjoon sobbed. Neither of them wanted to continue crying. They wanted to comfort each other. Be home and stay under their warm, safe blankets.

They couldn't stop crying for a long time. It felt too long for them but they didn't care as long as they were together. They were now silent just a few sniffles between the two. Namjoon finally looking up at the male, his arms releasing his waist just to place them beside Jimin's face. His fingers running softly around his eyes, temples, and cheeks drying his tears. His heart still aching as he looked at Jimin's red, puffy eyes accompanied by his nose being even redder. Jimin felt the same as Namjoon's eyes were red and his nose was pink.