Opposite

Dear Opposite,

You and I were are the opposites of each other; we're polar opposites.

You and I could still talk; we could still get along with each other.

I thought we connected, but you said we didn't.

Why? Because we were opposites.

Because you were too light-hearted, while I was too serious.

Because you were an entrepreneur, while I was a social advocate.

Because our values are different; something you couldn't compromise.

At first, I didn't understand; I didn't understand why you said all those things; if we got along, that should mean we would be a good couple.

If we could talk for hours, we could be compatible.

What I didn't realize is that we had these vast differences in values; our values were different.

You were optimistic, while I was pessimistic about my life.

You were business-focused, while I was charity-oriented.

You saw your life going on way, while I couldn't see how I could be in your life.

You were interested in things that I couldn't see how I would ever like any of those things.

That was what I had to realize; your values, your interests, your personality—they didn't match with mine; they didn't align with what I wanted to do in life.

Maybe, in another life, in another time, we could have been together; maybe it would be a great love—a great relationship.

I saw the potential; I could see myself getting to know you; I could see us helping each other; I could see us learning from each other; I could see us trying each other's interests.

I had that willingness to learn; I wanted to try; I wanted to see what would happen; I wanted to take that chance, just like he did for me, I wanted to do the same for you.

But you left before I could give you that chance; you made the decision to remove yourself from our relationship; you didn't want to get close anymore; you didn't want to participate in our relationship, our friendship anymore. 

I want to say I got over you by now, but I can't lie to myself.

I still miss you; I still want to talk to you; I still want to tell you my problems and have you fix them.

But I need to go through this journey on my own, without you.

I need to figure out myself before I let myself fall for anyone; I need to love myself; I need to validate myself; I need to solve my own problems. 

I don't need you, but I miss you, Opposite.

I don't need you, and I hope you're doing okay—that's all I ever wanted.