Prompt: Spies or Something

Heavy breathing, panting, giggles and then, "Shhh, before someone hears us."

And he hears them, loud and clear. The tenner; the way the "before" is pronounced like "beef-wor," he's certain it's Mare, and she's excited. There's more giggles and a loud crack of a backhand against a body.

"Ow!"

"Shhh, I said close your eyes," Kilorn's voice rings with glee and still stays somewhat quiet. A moan, slow and deep and gutteral and everything he's dreamed... but it's not in his ear, it's in Kilorn's.

"I can't believe... I could kiss you right now!" Mare's words rumble out of her chest in rapture. A bump against furniture, more giggles, panting, and what sounds like a smothered phrase cut off by a deeper groan, Kilorn's.

Cal boils over. He stays planted beside the door, too angry. So angry he's almost out of control. Decades of monitoring his own reactions has his legs pegged to place waiting for his mind to catch up with what he feels. To think before he acts.

Lips smacking together. Wet, colliding, slurping lips and tongues clicking against the roof of their mouths. Restraint, who needs restraint?

"What the hell?" he rages as he pushes the door open.

Kilorn and Mare spring apart, yelping, pawing at their faces and tucking their hands behind their backs. Kilorn holds an arm up to protect his face from the inferno threatening to singe him. Mare squints her eyes together and flinches.

"What's your problem?" Kilorn shouts, stepping behind Mare.

Cal snorts an angry laugh at the cowardice, hiding behind Mare isn't going to save him.

"Good grief, Cal, calm down. Take one," Mare snaps, her voice hushed. She extends her hand. "I swear, if I knew you were there I'd offered it already."

Cal looks between the guilty face of Kilorn and the dismissive, perplexed expression Mare holds while extending the bowl towards him. It takes energy, more energy that he's ever needed, to drop his eyes to her hand.

"What? Don't you like berries? Quick, take a few before Farley sees," Mare urges.

"Berries? What... what?" Cal stammers, his finger tips grazing the nubby lumps of juice-filled nodules.

"Quick, before Farley sees," Kilorn echos her warning.

Cal looks back at Kilorn, at Mare, at the bowl. He chills himself to room temperature and thumbs a berry between his fingers.

"Farley?" He looks behind them, down the corridor, turns a full three-hundred and sixty degrees looking.

"Cravings man, she's been hording bowl after bowl. You would not believe what it took to get these." Kilorn takes another three or four in his hand and pops another in the mouth.

"If you didn't know about the berries, what did you think we were doing?" Mare challenges, slurping and smacking her lips to hold in the juice.

"Uh, nothing... I just heard whispering... I thought... um... spies. Or something," Cal swallows the tangy mush and swirls the small seeds against the roof of his mouth.