Nine

Lauren woke up at 11am. Louis was still next to her snoring. She sighed and rolled her eyes and rolled out of the bed. Silk sheets weren't covering her now anymore. Her body totally naked she walked to the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror, she looked at herself.

Lauren saw her eyes change. They became dissapointed. In herself. She was dissapointed in herself.

Her hands moved to her stomach and holded her belly. She slightly rubbed it and started to cry, she layed her head on the washingtable and soon Louis was behind her, comforting her.

"It's been 3 years Lauren."

"I still can't get over it Louis." Lauren sobbed.

"It's been 3 years." Her husband repeated, sighed and leaned out. "One time you should get over it."

Lauren closed her eyes, she shouldn't have expected any different of her husband. She knew how heartless he could be.

"I'm going downstairs." Lauren nodded, only to make him go away.

Lauren sighed deeply and looked in the mirror. She quickly threw on a oversized T-shirt and underwear.

Lauren sat in the corner of the room. The room was complete white, nothing in it. Except for a white piano and a teddy bear that was sitting on the piano. She sat on the bench of the piano and grabbed the teddybear. She put it under her nose and sniffed the scent. A familiar, loving, but long ago scent filled Lauren's nose and her memories became to float in.

"I'm pregnant."

Louis had a big smile on his face.
He lifted her feet of the ground and spinned her around while kissing her.

"I'm so happy Laur. I love you."

"I love you too Lou. So much. We are going to be parents." She said and kissed him with passion.

She traced her fingers over the keys of the piano and pushed on key, while she cringed. It has been a year since she used the piano. She bets there is something wrong with it. Lauren got up and sighed, looking around in the room. She also noticed the picture in the frame, of her, Louis and Amélie. Lauren kissed the picture and placed it over her heart.

Monday, Camila was sipping on her lemonade as Lauren came over to her.

"You know something of piano's?" She asked coldly. Camila sat down her lemonade on the table and looked at Lauren.

"Actually I do," she started with a smile, "I-"

"I don't care. Come with me. Put on a shirt." Lauren wished she didn't have to say that. But she also knew that she couldn't keep her hands of Camila when she was working without wearing a T-shirt. She creeped one last glance of her abs and her v-line before her shorts came in sight. Camila pulled the red T-shirt over her head and fixed it.

Lauren coughed, "Okay follow me."

Camila smiled in victory as she found what was wrong. A small block of wood was placed underneath the key of the piano. Camila pulled it out and stood straight and waved it in the air.

"This was in the way. Now it must be fixed." Camila stated and walked to the bench and started to play some notes.

"You play?" Lauren said. She was surprised, but she didn't let her show in her tone. She leaned against the corner of the piano as she watched Camila's fingers glide over the keys.

"I did, my father thaught me."

Camila started playing a very familiar song and hummed along. Lauren reconized the song. She looked at Camila waiting for her to start singing the song. And as she almost gave up, the brunette's soft voice was heard in the room.

"C'mon skinny love just last the year.

Pour a little salt, we were never here

My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my

Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer

I tell my love to wreck it all

Cut out all the ropes and let me fall

My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my

Right in this moment this order's tall

I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind

In the morning I'll be with you
But it will be a different kind
I'll be holding all the tickets
And you'll be owning all the fines

Come on skinny love what happened here

We suckled on the hope in lite brassieres

My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my

Sullen load is full, so slow on the split

And I told you to be patient
And I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind

And now all your love is wasted
And who the hell was I?
I'm breaking at the bridges
And at the end of all your lines

Who will love you?
Who will fight?
Who will fall far behind?
Ooh, ooh"

Camila ended the song with soft ooh's. Lauren's eyes were glossy, a single tear falling down her cheek. Camila looked up to Lauren and gave her a soft smile.

"Are you okay?" Camila whispered.

Lauren nodded and sniffed. She cleared her throat and looked at Camila.

"You can leave now, there are still roses to be plant."