Chapter 2

Irene's POV

I wake up to the sun illuminating my room. I must have forgotten to close the curtains yesterday.

I get dressed into my usual blue outfit with my headband.

I decide to go out on my balcony and admire the beautiful sunrise.

The beams of light glistened over the courtyard and gardens.

"Magnificent." I exclaim.

"Dear god, please help me not to make a fool of myself." I clasp my hands in a prayer.

'Ding Dong'

I rush back into my room to see the grandfather clock chiming.

I can't be late to my first day.

Wait, I don't even know what to bring or what to do!

I'm guessing schools have plenty of pens, books and such, right?

The key felt cold against my porcelain skin and I suddenly remember how I met Rose and Travis and that I'm supposed to walk to school with them.

I relax and head downstairs to see my parents eating breakfast in the dining hall.

"Morning Mom, Dad." I say.

"It's your first day of school, Good luck." Mom says.

"I could take time out of my meetings to drive you to school if you want?" Dad says.

"No it's fine Dad, I made some friends yesterday and I'm walking with them." I say as I pick a few vegan sausage rolls along with a large carton of juice and a few snacks and pastries off the counter.

One of the joys in my life is honestly my love for food, I don't consider myself a picky eater, in fact quite the opposite. I find myself hungry and stuffing my face all the time.

I check the clock and run out of the room and out of the gates.

"Look at our little crystal, already making friends."

I run towards Grandma's shop while snacking on my sausage rolls and outside I see an excited Rose and a sleepy Travis talking.

"OMG, I wonder which team she will be in, What if she is in our team? That would be so cool!"

"Rose chill, she's here."

"Hey Rose, Travis." I say smiling.

"Rose hugs me while Travis responds with a wave.

"So, are we going to school?" I ask.

"Sure we are, come!" Rose says whilst dragging my hand with Travis behind.

They lead me to a strange-looking alleyway?

I then again get a weird familiar feeling.

"Um Rose, why are we in an abandoned alleyway?" I ask.

"This is the totally secret way to get to the school."

"I'm not sure I understand. Are you both playing a prank of some sort on me?" I raise my eyebrows as I think back to some of the high school movies that I binge watched where they always seem to prank the new students.

"No, just watch and let me focus." Travis sighs and brushes his hair out of his face.

He then puts his key into the wall and twists it.

A large green door appears in the wall.

"Watch me, watch me!" Rose exclaims as she as well puts her key into the wall beside Travis and a pink door appears.