Chapter 6

A pumpkin car?

Rose are you serious?

"Come on, get in. This is going to be so much fun!" Rose beckons me in with her cheerful smile as I get into the backseat next to Travis and Ling sits on his other side.

Hawk sits in the passenger seat next to Rose and has a strange look on his face.

"Rose, can you even drive?" I ask skeptically.

Given how many strange things have happened here that these people consider normal, I wouldn't be surprised if we all turn into mice at midday and are cooked alive in pumpkin pie.

"Of course I can, just ask Travis how good my driving is." Rose smiles as she starts the car up.

"If I were you, I would brace yourself." Travis sends me a nervous glance.

"You will be lucky if you make it out unscratched." Ling says to me.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Rose starts driving like a mad woman while Travis, Ling and I are huddled together in the backseat and Hawk has a death grip on the door handle.

"Are you trying to fucking kill us?" I scream out as my hair falls out of it's ponytail and flies in my face.

"Travis do something!" Ling screams at Travis who is clutching her arm.

"Mother, save me!" He exclaims.

I think he shit himself...God help us!

"Are you having fun back there?" Rose turns around with her hands still on the wheel.

"Rose!" Shouts Hawk as she narrowly misses another car.

"People should really learn how to drive." Rose sighs.

"Oh, the irony." I laugh sarcastically.

When we finally arrived at the mall, we could all agree that was a near-death experience, one we would not like to experience again.

Hawk was paralyzed in the front seat and Travis wouldn't let go of LingLing, who had to stroke his hair to make him calm down. Rose on the other hand was wearing her usual cheerful smile as I was muttering out curses faster than red light, green light.

"I'll drive us back again after we've shopped." Rose says as she makes the pumpkin car disappear.

"No!" Everyone including me shouts in unison.

Rose immediately drags us to a shoe store where she starts picking out shoes faster than Lightning McQueen.

"Why am I doing this again?" Hawk sighs as Rose forces him into 7 inch high heels.

"Do I look like Shrek to you?" Travis stumbles onto the floor for the eighth time, tripping over his own feet.

"Real men don't complain." Ling smacks him on the head.

"OMG, this is priceless!" A girl with short green hair came towards us taking a picture of the boys.

"Joy!" Rose exclaims as she hugs her.

"Joy, please help us!" The boys whine in unison.

"Nope, I'd actually join you but I have to go home. You'd never believe who's team I'm on, Vicky and Ruby's." Joy sighs.

"That's bad." Ling puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Bye everyone." Joy waves.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"That's Joy LeFrog, we were all on the same team with her last year." Rose answers as helps Travis over to a seat.

"Please remove these shoes of death." Travis begged Rose with his hands in a prayer position.