Chapter 9

Something doesn't seem right.

Did that servant's eyes just glow?

Don't drink the tea!

I focus all my energy on the communications bracelet which the woman gave us hoping it would reach them and they wouldn't drink it.

"I feel so...slee...py." HC says as she collapses on the table, the other Professors and students following her.

Oh no.

I look to see the only people who are awake are, Yushina, Mei, Rose, LingLing and Astoria and I along with Vicky and Cyrus.

"Wake up, Candlewick, Ruby!" Vicky shouted as she tried to wake them up.

Something seems odd about her.

"Travis, Joy, Shawn, Hawk!" Rose exclaims as she pushes them but they don't move.

"This is all you're fault Rose, when Headmistress Cinderella wakes up I'll take you to the Fairytale court!" Vicky points a finger accusingly at Rose.

"Hey, do you have any proof Rose did this?" I ask her.

"It's pumpkin tea, the only one here with pumpkin magic is Headmistresss Cinderella and Rose, I doubt the Headmistress did it when she was here all along." Vicky says as a matter of fact.

"Rose did leave the ballroom." Cyrus says as he slowly comes and stands next to Vicky, stuffing his face with cake.

"I went to the bathroom." Rose says.

"It says that the poisonous pumpkin sleeping curse will break within a few hours." Yushina says as she looks it up in her book of curses.

(After 3 hours)

"They're all waking up!" Rose exclaims.

"Headmistress Cinderella, Rose poisoned the tea making everyone fall asleep, she should receive the consequences!" Vicky shouts drawing all attention onto her and Rose.

"With all due respect, Rose wouldn't do such a thing." I say glaring at Vicky who glares back.

"Rose, Is this true?" HC turns to her.

"I didn't do it!" She says.

"There is no point denying it, you're the only one with pumpkin magic, we should take this to the Fairytale court." Vicky says.

"You have poison magic." Astoria says to her.

"Why would I poison my own friends?" Vicky laughs.

"Because you're a conniving bitch." I mutter and I see Cyrus send me a warning glance.

"That's enough!" Prince Crystal comes over and stands next to HC.

"I agree that this should be settled in the Fairytale court. Both points are valid. It is up to you two to make a valid defence and prosecution for judgement. The fairy of justice will decide who is truthful." Prince Crystal says.

"I'm disappointed in you." I say to Cyrus as I brush past him.

The ball was then cleared and we all went back to Crystal Palace.

The Fairytale court is to be held tomorrow morning.

"I'm innocent, you guys will help me out right?" Rose cries hysterically.

"It's okay Rose." Hawk comforts her.

"Rose, I know you're innocent, Vicky is a witch!" Yushina says.

"Yeah, don't worry. Yushina, Astoria and I will be your lawyers. Everyone else will be there on your side as witnesses." I say.

I don't know anything about the laws of this place but they can't be too different from Earth or as topsy turvy as wonderland.

I've not even know her for that much but I know Vicky is hiding something and I think she planned to blame Rose since she wants her expelled.

"Yes Rose, I even went to the bathrooms with you to clean your dress when Vicky tripped you up, It couldn't have been you." Mei says.

"It's settled, mess with us, you're going down Vicky." I mutter as we all cheer and spend the rest of the night watching documentaries on the court.

In the morning, we're all dressed in formal outfits and this time I volunteer to drive them in a crystal limousine which I made.

"Rose, are you okay?" I ask as I put in the directions to the Fairytale court.

"I'm better than okay, actually this is kind of exciting, I've never seen the court before." Rose says.

I drive past the speeding limit as we were getting late and who knows what kind of trouble Vicky is causing.

"Honorable fairy of justice, look, did you see they just totally ignored the speeding limit!" Vicky points at us as I park my limousine behind their car.

"And did you see that Cyrus ignored the safety warnings of sleeping while driving?" Prince Crystal glares at Vicky.

You go Dad!

"What is outside of the incident holds no value in my court, today we are here to discuss the poisoning of the pumpkin tea not such trivial matters." The fairy of justice says as she invites us all inside the court.

The Professors all sit on the front row of the audience seats and Yushina, Astoria and I sit next to Rose on the stand.

Cyrus, Ruby and Candlewick sit opposite us next to Vicky.

Shawn, Hawk, Travis, LingLing, Mei, Crimson, Joy and a few other students sit on the higher stands.

The tables for the jury were occupied by fairies of justice.

"Please state your case, Vicky Broomstick." The fairy of justice motions with her hand.

"Rose Cinderella used her pumpkin magic to poison the pumpkin tea when she left the ball and that put the Professors and other students to sleep for three hours." Vicky says.

"I see, Rose Cinderella, what do you have to say in your defence?"

"First, I left to go to the bathroom along with Mei because Vicky made me trip and spill my drink on my dress and I would never do that, Vicky has poison magic." Rose says.

Rose, I'm proud of you!

"Do you have any proof?"

"No." Vicky pales a little as she turns to Cyrus who shakes his head.

"Wait, the tea was brought from the kitchens so they should be searched." I stand up.

"She's speaking out of line." Vicky croaks.

"You, Identify yourself." The fairy of justice turns to me.

"I am Irene Crystal White, heiress to Crystal Palace." I say as I bow to her.

"Miss. Crystal White does hold a valid point." She says as Vicky hides a groan.

"Why don't you use the crystal ball of justice?" Yushina says.

"Crystal ball of justice?" I ask.

I swear I've heard of that before but I can't remember. I think Daphne told me about it in a story when I was younger but that doesn't make sense.

"Yes, It can show the past so then we can know for sure who poisoned the tea." Astoria says as she too stands up.

"Surely there is no need to go to such lengths when we all know who the culprit is and it hasn't been used since the Fairytale war." Vicky stutters.

"Please do enlighten me on who that is." I say as she meets my eyes.

'I just felt a strong negative energy.'

I'm sure Vicky is hiding something now.

"Very well then, bring out the crystal ball." The fairy of justice says as she beckons the guards to open the doors to the treasury.