Chapter 8

"Wow, the snow looks so pretty!" Rose exclaims as she starts building a snow angel.

"And cold." Astoria shivers.

I look around to see everyone shivering except Hawk, Now and I.

'Use your magic to make them warm, if not they will freeze.'

"Did...Your wand just talk?" Rose asks as she comes and starts shaking it.

'Stop shaking me for the love of God.'

"You can hear him?" I ask.

So one possibility is out of the way that I'm not crazy.

"I want my wand to talk, talk wandy!" Rose exclaims as she starts shaking her own wand resulting in a splatter of pumpkin juice going everywhere.

"Rose." Hawk facepalms.

Oh right.

Let's see, focus on something that will keep them warm.

"Crystal magic." I say as I think of magic dust which I once saw in a movie that gives heat energy.

"That feels amazing." Travis sighs as I look to see everyone surrounded by blue sparkles and they've stopped shivering.

"So this is Crystal Palace." LingLing says as she walks around the courtyard.

"Yeah, after the Fairytale War only that tower and the West wing remained." I sigh.

It really must have been a beautiful palace.

"Let's go inside." I say as we all head inside to 'my' room.

I picked the nicest room that remained in decent, liveable condition and I'm guessing that judging by the pictures it was Irene's room.

I should ask Prince Crystal if I could maybe refurbish and restore sometime. I wouldn't want to be disrespectful.

I laid on the old-fashioned bed while Rose sat next to me and Ling, Hawk and Travis sat on arm chairs.

Various decorations still stood perfectly and it seemed like Irene was a fan of winter style things.

"I'm bored." Travis mutters after a while.

"Say, you said you were going to show us the book." Ling asks me.

Oh yeah.

The book, I almost forgot about it.

"Expand." I say to the book as it returns to it's normal size.

Everyone comes closer on to the bed.

"Open it." Rose says.

"Careful, It's probably fragile." Astoria stops her.

My phone starts playing my ringtone 'Fake Love Japanese Version-BTS'.

While I was out shopping, I also bought a phone.

Looks like everything here runs on magical energy.

I look at the screen to see it's Mei.

"Hey Mei." I say as I answer the call.

"Hi."

"What's up?"

"Yushina, Crimson and I are bored. What are you doing?"

"Not much, just hanging out with my team, you can come over if you want?" 

"Sure." She says as she ends the call.

"Some of my other friends are coming over as well." I say to everyone.

Just then I facepalm.

The only way here is through Win's portals.