The Problem

Director Raymond and Veronica were showing Nick around and explaining the purpose of the Watchers. They showed him the same unique weapons that he had in the trailer, but they were advanced altered versions, up to the date of the modern era. He saw a dopplearmbrust that could fire darts from 400 to 600 feet per second, an automatic Siegbarste Gewehr that was altered for on-site action and had the same features of a modern sniper rifle, every weapon he had in his own arsenal but so much more advanced.

Next, they showed him the Archives Room, it contained a library of books similar to the ones in the trailer and multiple computers that had a database on Wesen, demons, historical events, and precedent hunts.

"So what do you think?" asked Veronica.

"Remember when I said that I felt that I was out of my league? Yeah, thanks for proving me wrong." Nick answered with friendly sarcasm.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it," commented Raymond.

"So back to Darkspire, they're an organization of Endezeichen Grimms that's been trying to purge the world of Wesen. How long have they really been active?"

"The organization itself has been around for over five centuries, we've been hunting them since the Cold War. They spent time learning and perfecting the methods of history's most notorious genocide masters for their cause, in fact, they killed off some of the Wesen members they've ever come across just to get their methods. They've been hiding and keeping their actions subtle ever since that is until now." answered Veronica.

"It was founded by the three families of the most notorious Endezeichens, they have the most violent and cruelest history of Wesen hunts ever. They were separately active for at least five centuries before joining together." continued the Director.

"Are you sure you still want to be a part of this?" asked Raymond, looking at Burkhardt.

Nick didn't even think twice before answering, he had already made up his mind.

"When do we begin?"

...

Monroe and Rosalee were in the Spice Shop working on an order of sleeping drafts for a customer when Hank came in.

"Hey, Nick told me about the rogue Grimms and wanted me to check on you guys."

"We're fine, just a little shaken up that's all," answered Rosalee.

"Hey, Nick hasn't told Captain Renard about all this, has he? Because I don't think that we can trust him with this kind of information," questioned Monroe.

"No, in fact, he specifically told me not to trust him with this, "

Just then the Captain himself parked outside the Spice Shop. Everyone noticed and played it cool when he entered they acted surprised.

"Hello everyone, I just wanted to see if any you have contacted Nick lately. I'd like to follow up on his investigation."

Everyone lied with a no. They continued to act as if everything was normal.

"Does Juliette know anything about this?"

As soon as they heard this they immediately past hostile borders.

"After everything you've put her through, there's no way in hell we're letting you anywhere near Juliette!" bursts Rosalee.

"She doesn't know anything and even if she did you're not allowed to go near her, especially after the last time the two of you went into the same room," added Monroe.

"Captain with all due respect she's been through enough and she doesn't need things getting any more intense," responded Hank.

Renard understood where they were coming from and decided against approaching the
Kehrseite. He agreed with them and left.

...

Nick and Veronica were in their joint office going over the details of the murders, though it was difficult to ignore the tension between them.

"Nick, I just want to apologize again for keeping you in the dark about everything. I didn't know if you'd turn out to be a Grimm and I was afraid of what would happen if you found out."

"Veronica, you have nothing to apologize for, I know where you were coming from in all this. I can't hold anything against you, especially when I did the same thing with the people I care about."

They both shared an understanding look, that held for half a minute. They broke the stare when a fax came in.

"It's the coroner's report on the latest victim," Nick got up and browsed through it. "It says the victim was a Siegebarste, Connor Davis, he was a factory worker, died of multiple cases of blunt force trauma."

This stunned the two Grimms, Veronica got up and looked at the report.

"He was hit multiple times with a pickup truck before someone injected his bones with Siegebarste Gift and decapitated him." read the female Grimm.

"Sounds like these guys take pleasure in their work," Nick said with blatant disgust.

"They're going after powerful Wesen to show off their own power, to intimidate others."

Veronica picked up a file on her desk and showed Nick a list of the species of Wesen that were previously killed.

"Look, Blutbaden, Skalenzahne, Mauvais Dentes, Konigschlange, these guys aren't playing around."

"They don't leave any DNA evidence and we have no idea how they track their prey," continued Nick. "What about weapons, for hunts like that they'd need some pretty heavy caliber. Plus vehicles, Davis was hit by a pickup truck."

"Alright, I'll see if there were any purchased or stolen trucks within the vicinity."

Just then Nick got a call on his cell, it was Captain Renard.

"Burkhardt,"

"Nick, I just wanted to call to follow up on your case."

"Captain, I'm not at liberty to discuss this investigation with you."

"Of course just let me know if you need anything."

Nick hung up and turned to his partner.

"Captain Sean Renard, Portland's resident Royal bastard."

"How'd you know that?"

"It's all in the file, we keep track of all the activities and movements of the Royals, and a bastard Royal whose half Zauberbiest isn't something people shut up about."

"You just described almost every reason why I don't trust him and want to get rid of him."

Veronica's mouth puckered slightly at this.

"Yeah, there's something you should know then."