King Ubbe

"People of Kattegat!" Ubbe said from the middle of the town pavilion. "It has come time to announce our raids." He glances at his younger brother Ivar and then to Hvitserk. "Our armies under the control of my brothers Hvitserk and Ivar shall lead you into the Baltic Lands. It was told to us when we were younger these lands were desolate, but the gods have turned their favor upon them... and now us. We will move into these lands with great haste and return with hoards that will make Odin himself envious." He pauses looking out to the crowd. You were not were you supposed to be. You never were. "Ivar," he whispers. "Take the lead, Hvitserk with me." He turns his attention back to the crowd. "Ivar, our fearless Chieftain will tell you more." He shoots a grin and they chant his name as he takes his leave.

"Where has Y/N gone?"

"Brother, she has a personal guardsman. I cannot make it my duty to watch her."

"Well, find her."

Your orders were clear. Stay within the walls of Kattegat and stay with the guard. But you were a shieldmaiden before you were the Queen of Kattegat, King Ubbe would not tell you what to do, no matter if he was your husband. You hop the barrier, unscathed and unseen making your way to the wooded lake. As a child you had spent much of your time there and to this day you loved to bathe and swim there. You dip down in the water nude washing yourself singing a tune your mother had taught you when you were younger.

There was nothing but peace around you when you came here. You wade and float for an hour until the crunch of foliage is distinguishable as a person. You shift over to your sword and you see Hvitserk crouching down by the water. "What are you doing out here?" You ask immersing yourself low enough in the water that he can't see you.

Hvitserk is the quiet brother but a quietness in a Lothbrok is never settling. He turns his head to you skipping stones the opposite direction of you. "My brother seems to think you are in direct violation of his implicit directions." He pauses. "Y/N, get dressed. There is a bathing whole near the Great Hall."

"I wanted to come here."

"I will not argue with you." He grins and the threat is there. Hvitserk would likely to great pleasure in carrying you through the Kingdom drenched and screaming. "Dress yourself."

You dress pulling your hair into a ponytail. You follow him to the Great Hall and to no surprise there he is standing there with his arms folded across his chest and a slight look of disdain. Ubbe was so easily wounded always upset with you for having a mind of your own.

"There she is!" he yells. "The Queen of Kattegat!" he growls. "Out fucking by herself like there aren't one fucking million people that want this throne and would kill either one of us to get to it!" He hops down from the steps walking over to me. He's caught the attention of a few fisherman and a few shieldmaidens and your best friend Arne, the guardsman you tended to slip everyday at some point.

"Calm yourself." You whisper as he gets closer to you. His eyes a tad bit wild but still hard to not get hooked on. "Ubbe, I swear to you a quick journey into the woods alone, is not much to ask for, you are maddening." You push by him and the doors of the Great Hall open. A few people sit at the tables talking and you greet them all.

He's on your heel following you to the throne and you sit. He places a hand on each side of the throne staring at you. "Calm myself, Y/N. I have been searching for you."

"You're always searching for me." You giggle, and the rest of the room joins.

"Get out!" He barks at the servants and the warriors around him. "Leave. The queen and I have matters to discuss and we must get attend." He lowers his voice removing his tunic and locking the door once they left. "Queen." He breathes. "Do you know what bothers me the most about you?"