Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Luke’s POV

I keep my head down as I walk. I don’t want to see anyone, or anyone to see me. My headphones were blasting Bouvleard Of Broken Dreams into my ears in order to try and block out the world. That’s how I did it, music is my getaway. Since I have no friends, I have a lot of spare time. I've taught myself to play guitar in the evenings, playing along to Green Day until my brother tells me to shut up when he comes to bed. I have to agree, he's older than me. Then I would lie awake for hours. I had no time to think about my nightmares, I had a school to face.

Calum’s POV

I walk through the gates with my arm slung around Ashton’s shoulder. We’re going into year 10.

“Wonder if there’s gonna be any interesting new kids this year” Ashton says, getting his phone out to check the time before replacing it into his top pocket.

“There’s never anyone interesting in this school Ash, be realistic!” I say before walking into a blond haired boy, his head down and earphones in.

“Sorry” We say at the same time. Me and Ashton follow him down the path but say nothing to him. He makes no attempt to communicate with us, I don't know why I thought he would, and when we get into school, he follows the signs to reception.

“Stop staring at him!” Ashton tells me, elbowing me hard in the ribs but I don’t take my eyes off him. His beautiful blond hair swept to one side, his lovely blue eyes. I didn’t know his name.

“But he’s cute” I mutter to myself before turning away to go to form.

“Hey!” Ashton shouts after me, I turn around and wave at him, leaving him to be swallowed into the crowd of high school kids.