Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Calum’s POV

I was just wandering around the beach think about Luke. I was going to try and find Ashton first but I didn’t really have any interest in finding him. All I thought about was Luke. I was walking past the dunes, dragging my feet in the sand when I hear a quiet giggling. Ashton. I pull apart the long grass to see the curly haired boy lying on the sand and he pulls my hand and I fall beside him. We look at each other and then burst out laughing. Then we heard a scream.

Ashton’s POV

I could recognise that scream anywhere. I’d heard it so many times and I know that sounds strange but I just could. I open my eyes widely and look up to the cliffs.

“What Ash?” Calum ask, he pokes me in the shoulder and another scream echoes across the beach.

“Michael no!” Michael. I was over-thinking. It was Michael Michael, just some other kid called Michael.

“Calum!” That was defiantly Luke. I stand up too fast, causing me to go dizzy but I don’t care. I stumble across the sand, Calum just behind me, making our way to the cliff.

“Ashton, what’s going on?” Calum asks in a worried voice, pulling at the hood on my jumper. My head was spinning and my vision was going blurry. Michael couldn’t be here. He just couldn’t. I couldn’t let him do this to Luke again. He wasn’t fully recovered from the last time.

When we get to the slope, I begin running, stumbling over my own feet but I grab onto the bar for support.

“Ash, are you alright?” I shake my head but keep going. “You’re probably over-reacting Ash. You need to slow down”

“Luke’s in danger!” I yell in his face before turning round and carrying on up the slop, leaving Calum standing in the middle of the path.

Luke’s POV

“Luke’s in danger!” I hear Ashton yelling. Despite my struggles and the pleading of his sister, Michael still kept his grip around my neck, muttering stuff under his breath and grinning at me. I see Ashton appear behind Michael’s shoulder... Calum doesn’t follow.

“Put him down Mikey” Ashton says just loud enough for Michael to hear. He drops his hands and I start gasping for breath. Michael gets up from the ground behind me and strides to Ashton, who stands in the same position all this time. They look each other in the eyes.

Ashton’s POV

“I’ve missed you baby. Tell me I’m pretty” Michael whispers, running his hand through my hair. I slap him away.

“Get off me. Stay away from Luke and all my friends.” I whisper back through gritted teeth.

“Awh Irwin... that’s not gonna happen...” I raise my eyebrows at him

“Oh yeah?”

“ I’m gonna mess that boy up more than you can imagine”

“You are not going near him again while I’m still alive Michael”

“Wanna test that baby?” I scowl at him and he blows a bubble with his bubble gum, popping it in my face. I roll my eyes and look to Luke, now being tended by Alice, I smile at her when she looks at me. Michael slaps me hard around the face to get my attention.

“I don’t wanna do this to you Baby...”

“Stop calling my baby” I look him in the eyes like the punch in the mouth he’d just given me hadn’t effected me at all. I had to stay strong for Luke and Calum. Suddenly, Michael lands a punch in my stomach, kicking my shin, making me fall to the ground. I look up just before he kicks me in the face with his boot, to see Calum watching over the entire thing.

*walks into the room and waves awkwardly at people watching, sits at table and opens notebook* Hello. Right, so the thing is, I was lying in bed last night after a long day of doing art homework, was about to go to sleep after listening to 5SOS but decided to go on Wattpad for the first time in a few days. So I open it up and go on my profile and BAM, I'm greeted with 1K reads. I didn't think I'd get here cause I'm terrible at writing but I have you people, yes you reading this terrible authours note, to thank for getting me here. I'm so happy. You guys are awesome.

Big love,

- Mew