Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Luke’s POV

Ashton mum was giving him a lecture about the milkshake incident earlier this morning as we ate pancakes.

“Why were you even drink milkshake at 2 in the morning Ash?” Harry asks, going and sitting next to his brother at the table. “Can I have milkshake at 2 in the morning?” He looks eagerly at his other brother how he looked up to a lot. Ashton chuckles and looks at me and Calum.

“No Harry” He smiles at me.

“Come on, let’s leave the boys alone” Ashton’s mum tells Harry, guiding him out of the room but his shoulders.

“So, whattya wanna do today?” He says, shoving pancake in his mouth, golden syrup dribbling down his chin. Ashton was just generally a messy person. First milkshake, now golden syrup. Calum and I giggle and I rest my head on his shoulder.

“I don’t know, go into town or something?” I suggest. Ashton nods as when speaking with his mouth open never goes well.

“I’m gonna go and get dressed” Calum says, getting up and smiling at me. Ashton mumbles something as he supposedly still has pancake in his mouth and point to the stairs and makes various hand gestures before getting up. I just laugh at him and follow him and Calum upstairs.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ashton’s POV

Watching my 2 best friends in love is seriously the most adorable thing ever. We all walk in a line, taking up the width of the pavement like the annoying 15 year olds we are, Calum and Luke holding hands. We got a lot of strange looks but we were all past caring what people thought about us. People came up to me at school often and questioned me about it and I just said “they’re my best friends” because, well they were. People also asked if Luke had ‘stolen’ Calum but he hadn’t, we were all friends and we made it work out. We were together 99% of the time and enjoyed each other’s company.  

“Can we get chips?” Calum asks as we walk past the chip shop.

“Okay. Who’s paying?” I ask as we walk through the door. They both look at me and I sigh and they laugh. There’s two other boys, possibly about 17, sitting in the chairs, wearing hoodies and snapbacks. They keep looking at us strangely. I slowly go up to the counter and order us chips. I turn and look back the Cal and Luke. They smile at me, ignoring the other boys who keep looking at us.

On the way out of the shop, one other them grab my arm adn pull me back.

“Irwin” He mutters, pulling me closer so he can whisper in my ear. “Get. Me. Luke’s. Number.”

This is terrible, sorry. I’ll keep this short. I love you guys a lot. I’ll probably update on Monday again. Love you,

- Mew