Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Ashton’s POV

I look at my bruises in the mirror. I couldn’t see out of one eye, my lip was swollen and puffed up. After Michael had stamped on my face, I wasn’t really sure what to do. Luke’s mum had found us but Michael had run, dragging Alice with him, leaving me on the ground half-dazed. She’d taken us to the hospital and the doctors told me they’d heal over time and just rest. It’d been a week. Harry and Lauren had cried when I was brought home, stumbling over my own feet. Luke was a complete wreck when he saw Michael back. Calum? He just stood and watched.

Calum’s POV

I had been avoiding Luke and Ash all week. They clearly had history with that Michael boy. I regret just standing and watching Michael stand on Ashton’s face 5 times. And seeing Luke gasping for breath. I toss and turn at half 2 in the morning. I’d been ignoring Luke’s texts, I didn’t feel good enough to talk to him. He kept telling me he needed to talk to me and that he loved me and missed me. I pick up my phone and scroll through the 30 texts I hadn’t replied to. Then my eyes focus on the last one, sent 5 minutes ago, It’s time Calum. I’m sorry

Luke’s POV

I shove on my black boots and zip up my hoodie, trying to be as quiet as I could so I didn’t wake Ben. The last week had been tough. The 3 of us hadn’t spoken. I’d tried to text Calum but he never replied. I was leaving. I couldn’t cope with Michael anymore. So I shoved my phone in my pocket, a change of clothes and some money from my piggy bank than Jack had got me for my 5th birthday that I still kept. It made me smile a little. I carefully make my way downstairs and into the kitchen, turning the light on and grabbing some paper. I scrawl a note quickly, not wanting to waste any time.

I read over the note and set it out on the table in the hallway next to the front door. I didn’t want to leave but I knew I had to, I knew I had nothing there anymore but I had to go back to Australia

A/N

Hey people. Sorry it’s kinda short and really bad but yeh :/ I’m gonna try and get into like a regular pattern of updates, like maybe on Mondays and Thursdays, idk. I say like too much, sorry. Thanks for the support on this book, love you guys lots as always :)

- Mew