Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Ashton’s POV

I hoped the call hadn’t cut off. I needed Calum to hear this. He needed to get Luke to trust me. This was going to be so risky.
“Calum!” I practically yell down the phone. The lady behind the counter in the roadside cafe looks at me. She puts my milkshake on the bar in front of me. I didn’t want to hang up but I had to save Michael’s credit. Anyways, he had the number, he could call back.
“How long was it since you last ate?” The woman, supposedly called Annie going by the name on her badge. She looked in her mid 30’s and looked extremely tired. I couldn’t dare to think the state I was in right now.
“About 3 weeks I think” I reply honestly. She looks sympathetically at me. I didn’t want sympathy. I just wanted help to get away from psycho Mikeo. She walks into the kitchen I hear her talking to someone and then she returns.
“Hope you like burgers” She sees me stat smiling and she chuckles and resumes her cleaning of the counter.

Calum’s POV

Why did I let him hang up? I’m so stupid. I needed to think of what to say to Luke. This could change my possibilities of getting my boyfriend and my best friend back. My phone screen suddenly lights up and it makes me jump, causing me to drop it. I tut and bend over to reach for it. A text from the number Ashton had called me from. I open it fast. I’ll call you when I’m ready for you to talk to Luke. I look at the words on my screen. I type my reply slowly before clicking send.

Ashton’s POV

A reply from Calum comes through pretty fast. Okay, but please not long. I felt for him. It must be torture being away from the guy he loves for this long. I missed Harry and Lauren and my mum so much. And for the first time in 3 weeks, I cried. I just let myself cry, there was no point in trying to stop myself. I’d eaten my burger and was now sitting outside on the pavement that lead to the gas station. I could see Michael’s red car across the empty car park. I could only see Luke and he was still fast asleep, his face up against the window, his top lip pressed against the window. He looked terrible. He’d changed so much. Calum probably wouldn’t even recognise him.

Calum’s POV

At around half 1 I got the text from Ashton. I had been racking my brains as to what to say to Luke. I had to cut the lovey lovey sloppy stuff until I’m sure he remembered Ashton like he should. Ashton rang the phone and I answer immediately.
“Right, you ready?” He asks me. No. I wasn’t ready to hear my boyfriend’s beautiful voice again for the first time in nearly a month.
“Yeah.”
“Right...” I could hear Ashton’s footsteps as he approached the car. He had told me that he’d given Mikey some of his sleeping pills that he’d found his pocket from weeks ago.
“Luke” I hear Ash say softly.
“Hello?” My heart skips. It was Luke. Luke’s voice. It was even more amazing than I’d remembered it. So soft.
“Luke. It’s Calum. You need to trust Ashton. Go with him. Don’t believe anything Michael told you. He lied. You lost your memory of Ashton. He was your best friend and I’m your boyfriend. I don’t know if you even remember me but don’t trust Michael and go with Ashton”
“I remember you... but I don’t remember this dude”
“Sheep hair... you said he had sheep hair. It was the first opinion on him. You told me. Come on Luke. Please remember...” I plead
“I...”
                                                               TO BE CONINUTED....

A/N

So i didn’t update on Monday but it’s Thursday now so pleased don’t kill me. I had so much stuff going on at school and homework and stuff so that’s why I haven’t really had a chance to update. I’m getting towards the end of this book but I’m kinda preparing another one to post when I finish this one. But I don’t know whether to make it another 5SOS one or try another Green Day one. Anyway, till Monday guys,
love y’all, Mew xx