Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Calum’s POV

“Are you going to try school today Calum?” My mum asks as she comes into my room. I didn’t have the energy to do anything. I hadn’t been to school for days. Another week had passed without Luke and Ashton. I’d seen nobody from school. I’d lost contact with all my internet friends. My phone had died 4 days ago but since I didn’t go anywhere or talk to anybody anymore I hadn’t really been motivated to charge it.

“No...” I mumble in answer to my mum’s question. She appreciates that she won’t be able to get me to go to school and leaves me alone again.

I’m in my room alone. No, I wasn’t doing the dirty stuff. I was just sitting silently. Thinking. Another painful day alone was almost over. The sun was going down. My parents and my sister had gone out to give me some peace. I was almost asleep when the doorbell rang. I sigh, get up and thump down the stairs. Opening the door, I find Nichole is on my doorstep.

“Hey” She says. I stand looking at her. “Hello?” She waves her hand in front of my face and I stop staring.

“Hi”

“Come on, I’m taking you for a walk.” She tells me before dragging me out of the house.

-----------------------------------------------------

We end up sitting in the park. I haven’t seen her in weeks. She, unlike the rest of the school, was devastated when Ashton and Luke were taken.

“The police have had no luck so far...” I tell her quietly. I didn’t talk very loud much these days.

“I know... “She could tell I was upset. Duh, everyone could. But unlike with other people, I saw sympathy in her eyes. She knew how much the boys meant to me.  She knew just how much me and Luke loved each other. I’d know her for years and me and her had been really good friends since we were 5. And for once, I felt somebody was concerned about me.

Ashton’s POV

I was wasting away. My eyes couldn’t keep themselves open. I had to listen to the cackles of Michael and Luke all day long. The pair of them had gained around a stone each in weight. They stopped at a pub every day, eating until they couldn’t anymore and leaving me to starve in the car. I was practically invisible to them both. Luke had changed. He was firing insults at me at the speed you fire a gun. That was when he even acknowledged my existence. At one time, he wouldn’t hurt a fly. Now... well there hadn’t been any flies around for a while. The car was stuffy with the sweat of 3 guys. I hadn’t changed clothes in 2 weeks. I still had my own blood on my shirt from Michael beating me. I was having to watch my best friend turn into a bully like Michael. He started calling him Mikey, which he’d never done before. His attitude to everything had changed. I needed to get in contact with Calum before it was too late.

A/N

Hey :) Hope everyone’s okay. I’m back from my weekend of being a Doctor Who geek. It was fab. Now, on Thursday I mentioned something bout a little competition. It’s nothing big but I wanted to ask y’all if you could make a cover for this book for me as I’m terrible at them myself. It needs the title of the book (Behind Closed Doors), the author (Mew_Hemmings or just Mewxx) and Cake. This’ll be running until next Monday, so you have a week... Idek if anyone’s gonna do this but I thought I’d ask anyway. Could you send them to me on my Twitter which is @Bandana_Daniel. Also, I feel like I don’t really communicate with you guys enough so if you wanna talk to me about bands and wanna fangirl with me and stuff, (I’m fairly good at that) them PM and I’ll try not to bore you. I’m going in the shower after I post this but I’ll be back in half an hour or so and I’ll reply to people when I return to the internet.

Love y’all a lot, Mew xx