Chapter 5: Offer

(I think I found the artist but everything is in Chinese so I just hope. xixyuuuuuu on lofter.)

(I am trying to not repeat the use of the same image, sorry if I do.) (Sometimes they may be related to the chapter, sometimes they are just ones I liked.)

~Chapter 5: Offer ~

>Todoroki's PoV<

"Todoroki-kun," Midoriya said, but I continued walking forward, "Are you okay?"

My face felt hot, it was difficult to acknowledge that what I had said was actually broadcasted on live television- how did I not see the camera a ways away from me.

"Shouto!"

"I don't know Midoriya," I said, disappointed in myself, "I didn't mean to say that, it could spread, maybe even hurt Bakugou-"

Fuck-

I covered my mouth, looking around, it would be a bad idea to say his name aloud in such a context- someone may overhear, it may worsen the situation.

"It's okay Todoroki, just try not to mention his name anymore, and don't talk about it anymore, people will realize it is easy to get information from you."

I nodded, still feeling anxious, almost paranoid, "I am going to head home now, thanks for hearing me out."

I left without saying much else, simply reflecting on how that petty instigator was able to get to me so easily by simply saying he'd kidnap Bakugou- he listed names before, and I didn't take him seriously until he said his name- I guess I thought it was plausible since he experienced it once before already- but it was illogical, Bakugou had grown since then, no one had anything on him.

I need to rest- too much has happened.

--

For approximately 5 days, I've opted to stay in to reduce rumors, conducting research on villains yet to be caught, something that luckily preoccupied my mind a lot, making me take my focus off of the rumors and the such at hand.

Now, it was time to go out again, enough research had been done for the next few months, so it wouldn't be necessary for me to stay in anymore.

And so, I was out I was on the streets again, patrolling, checking for the villains I'd done more research on, the dangerous ones with larger records.

"Todoroki."

I turned around, seeing the person I least expected to see.

"Bakugou?"

He huffed, crossing his arms, walking ahead of me, probably expecting me to follow him.

"What the fuck, you haven't been patrolling for days, the citizens are forcing me to check on 'Shouto', your fucking plain ass hero name."

I hummed, unable to keep myself from having my chest swell with happiness, "I see, I simply wanted to feel more honest about my appearance as a hero, maybe more people could trust me this way."

I noticed he was looking at me as we walked, but I kept the happiness to myself, "What the fuck, you are such a fucking sap," he scoffed, almost grinning, but he seemed to do a double-take, returning to his hard exterior, "You better not be trashing on my hero name fucker."

Shaking my head, I tried to hold my face in its neutral position, yet I couldn't help but find him cute at the moment, "No need."

"Ehhh!"

He stopped, poking my chest, close enough for me to really take into account how short he was in comparison- it wasn't by a lot, but it seemed comfortable. He'd be easy to kiss-

"You better not be fucking looking down on me, half and half!

I put my hand on his shoulder, nudging him away slightly, his shoulder is soft.

His explosions went off on his hands, but they were much smaller than usual, more like small firecrackers.

He seemed to almost pause for a second, before pushing me back, looking red, his right hand still making some small explosions, "What the fuck-!"

"I just moved you away- I have rumors you know, it would be bad for you-"

"Shut up! Don't fucking decide shit for me, asshole!" He was starting to get angry, his face red, though it felt a bit different from when we were in UA.

I nodded, I was conflicted, I could dare myself to smile and feel happy, or simply ignore the retort- it'd be much safer to do the latter.

He glared at me for a solid minute, expecting some sort of reaction, brushing me off when I didn't, turning back around.

"Listen Icy Hot, Best Jeanist has been telling me about some group that wants to be the next league of villains or some shit," he began, not looking at me, "Seems like a hybrid between the bird face the 3rd years fought that one time and the ugly fucker from last year."

"They aren't as developed but they are gonna be a bitch to beat, Jeanist said that shit at least," he continued, and I wondered why he told me this, usually missions are more secret, "He told me to get someone to infiltrate with me, undercover shit, you seem like the least likely to fuck shit up."

Ahh, I see.

"Okay, what do we need to do."

He nodded, "Get back to Jeanist to tell him, we need to start as soon as possible, he'll do the briefing."

--

"Disguises are in the process of being made," Jeanist said, Bakugou and I sat down on some chairs of his office, his disciples had to wait outside, since they couldn't be a part of the secret mission, "You will also need alternate quirks, something that won't give you away since both of your quirks are obvious, so you will meet with costume specialists to incorporate a false quirk into new villain suits."

With that, we were dismissed, but Bakugou seemed to know where to head next, so I followed him.

"What the fuck IcyHot- why are you following me?"

He didn't sound angry, more confused, which was strange- and I thought I was supposed to follow him.

"Why do you ask?"

"What the fuck! I am trying to go take a piss!"

I looked at the sign above the door.

"Single Restroom."

"Ah- sorry, I'll wait outside."

Still looking flustered about the entire ordeal, he went in, slamming the door behind him, and I waited outside, leaning on the wall next to the door, wondering if there was anything left to do, why Bakugou was so red- the such.

"Ah- fuck- why the fuck are you standing there!?"

I looked to the side, Bakugou was standing there, red again, but not bursting as I would expect after making him yell, he looks cute...

"What are we going to do next?"

He sighed, scratching his head, "We need to go meet crazy eyes, she is making the suits."

I nodded, continuing to follow him, this time, I knew it was I had to do. 

(When Bakubro says "Don't decide shit for me asshole," the app grammarly wanted to change it to "Don't decide shit for my asshole" and I love it- even they know that bakuboy is a bottom.)

(Fly by editing on 4/18/2020.)