The Test To Change Your Life CH3

Peter pov

School was going Ok. Nothing new was happening just the same as always, Even the same insults said by flash. Everything was normal until I got into chem class. After lunch our teacher Miss.Murray walked in with a bounce in her step  " Hello class, I have a very special announcement to make are school has been given a chance for are students to become an intern at Stark industry" she said happily there were a few mutters of excitement " Now settled down, are school has the honour of being apart of a special program called 'sunshine' it goal is to give a chance to kids in poorer communities to show off there smarts and get to experience working in a large scale company. Now I'm going to hand out the application today and tomorrow I'm going to give you the a test that comes with it. Bring in application filled in tomorrow if you want to be in with a chance" with that she hand out the sheets  as soon as I got it I gave it a quick once over there were basic thing like name, age and what school you go to but there was one thing that was odd was the last question which was 'impress me' and then an empty box. My thoughts were interpreted by Miss.Murray talking again " Now class I have to warn you that that you will be competing against other schools and not just people in this school  there are only 20 places going and every school that is involved will be going for those spots so make sure you work hard and study for the test tomorrow" and with that she turn to the board and began the class. I look back at the sheet before putting it in my bag there's no way I could get that if I was competing against other schools if it was just mine I might stand a chance but I don't think I'm that smart against other people. I was a bit disappointed I would love to even go to Stark tower just to look at it maybe one day it always good to dream.

School went by quickly after that and before I knew it I  was on my way to the little cafe I work "Sweet tooth". It was 2 blocks away from were I lived which was good because if anything went wrong or if Mr.Walker decide to kick them out again the twins can easily walk to the cafe with the girls. I'm lucky by boss Nova is so nice she lives above the cafe and absolutely loves the girls they alway go off to have some girl time which sally loves especially when Nova paints her nails. She really does try to look after us always making sure we are feed and at the end of my shift she always hands me a bag of goodies that the cafe can sale. She knows that we don't live in the best home but she doesn't know the full extent of it, she once asked why I don't try to get help but I said I didn't want to be separated from my siblings and I did not know if they will be put into a better home or a worst one. She didn't look like she agreed but she didn't push which I was happy for.

I walked into the cafe to see Nova behind the till "hey Peter glad your here Molly called in sick so I had to cover I could really use the extra hands" she said with a smile.

Molly is the other person who work there there only three of us but we manage. I walked behind the till as I answered " yeah no problem, it's what I'm here for"  I quickly tied a black apron around me by for going to the till " you can break if you want I handle it myself for now " which was true as it wasn't that busy yet.

" Ok " she says as she slumped into a chair at a nearby table. I make her a coffee with extra milk and two pumps of hazelnut syrup in it before bring it to her table "thanks babe you are a god" she signs in relief as she takes a sip. I chuckle a bit be for going to serve another costumer.

Not before long I hear the door open and look up to see my siblings walk in " What happened" I ask as soon as I see them "same old, same old Mrs.Walker having friends off so she kicked us out so we won't  embarrass her" Ben huffed out angrily " if I was her I wouldn't be worried about us she can embarrass herself all on her own" Josh looked disappointed at Ben by before hitting him at the back of his head

" you shouldn't say things like that Ben it's disrespectful " he scolded

" but it's true " Ben muttered as he rubbed the back of his head. I shook my head and looked at Grace no surprise she had her head stuck in a book.