Chapter 17

~ Miss Porter ~

This must be like the 15th coffee I've bought from this machine. It is awful, but I have to stay awake. I've been sitting by Nicole's bed for two whole days, waiting for her to wake up. She's been pretty drugged because of the surgery, so there was a lot of waiting to do. As for the surgery, it went well. Just a few inches up, and she would've been dead. An officer came to interrogate me, asking me about the girl. As if I would know, she's a drugged fan, probably obsessed with me. Luckily, she's now in jail. While Nicole was in the operation room, Georgia called James and he had arranged two more guards for me. So right now, there are two gorillas, Mike and Jacob, following me around to keep me safe. They're obviously very stupid. I'm not the one who needs to be guarded. It's Nicole. I will never forgive myself for putting her in this whole situation.

I walked down the hall, with the two hounds following me. I held my coffee with my shaking hand, ready to spill it any minut. I got my head up to look at my beautiful girlfriend lying in her bed. A nurse was next to her.

I was concerned that something bad happened and I quickly ran to the bed. "Is anything wrong?"

Just as I said that, the beautiful greyish eyes met mine and happiness overwhelmed my body. "You're awake!" I put the coffee on the table next to her and hugged her.

"You weren't here." She had tears in her eyes.

"I know sweetheart, I'm so sorry. I'm never leaving you again." I kissed her on the lips and they felt just the same. Mine.

Before we got too distracted, the nurse interrupted us. "I'll give you two some privacy." She winked at us. "If you need anything, just press the button again."

"Thank you." Nicole agreed.

We looked at each other for a minute again until I started crying. "I'm so sorry, Nicole. I never wanted for you to get hurt. I'm so stupid. And you got hurt because of me."

"Hey, hey, hey. I love you. And I don't blame you for anything."

"I know, I just feel so bad."

"Oh baby, don't. Right now I need you to jump on this bed with me so I can cuddle. I am craving for your touch." She made me smile right away. I got up from the chair and nuzzled against her neck. I kissed it gently, taking my time.

"I love you so much, Diane."

"I love you too."

I kissed her on the lips again, getting hot and steamy into a make out.

"Ouch." I got too carried away and pressed on her stomach a bit.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm so sorry."

"Stop apologizing babe, please, it's okay." She chuckled and kissed me again.