Childhood

What's up? My name is Connor and this is my story. I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (for all you uneducated Americans, that's in Canada) and I had a pretty normal childhood. I was born September 11th 2000. (I turned a year old when 9/11 happened, my brother Matt claimed it was my fault...asshole) Growing up was fine as far as I can remember. When I turned about 3 years old I got a pair of Spider-Man pyjamas for my birthday and that's when my love for comic books began.

A few months after my birthday my father Tim introduced me to the world of video games when I watched him play Doom on our computer. I saw him collect the iconic BFG and I asked him "What does "BFG" mean?" Tim looked into the kitchen to find my mom, looked back at me and whispered "Big Fucking Gun." I was so surprised, my jaw damn near hit the floor. Shortly after I saw my two sisters Corey and Lea playing Yoshi's Island on our Super Nintendo with Matt so I saw both the light and dark side of video games.

But during my childhood I didn't know what I wanted to be until I was introduced to the world of movies when I saw Matt and Corey watching the movie Shrek starring Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy. As soon as I saw it I absolutely fell in love with the movie to the point where I wore out 3 VHS tapes because I would watch the movie, rewind it (essentially watching it backwards) and then watching it again. When my mother Annie bought me the 4th copy, my sister Corey smashed it with a hammer when I wasn't looking.

Shortly after I moved on from Shrek and began watching other things like Space Jam, Small Soldiers, Power Rangers: Ninja Storm, Bruce Almighty, Sam Rami's Spider-Man and Tim Burton's Batman. After absorbing all of these movies and tv shows, I knew when I was older that I wanted to become an actor. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. I didn't have many friends growing up, it was mostly my brother Matt and my two favourite cousins Dylan and Alex. One of my most fond memories of my childhood home was when a fruit bat somehow got into the house. Annie absolutely lost her mind and was freaking out while Matt and I were trying to convince Tim to keep the bat. Sadly we didn't since Tim opened the front door and shooed away the bat. Batman Begins wouldn't be made for another 3 years so the fruit bat didn't inspire me to become a protector of the night suffering from throat cancer.

When I reached the right age my parents enrolled me in school starting with kindergarden, and that was beginning of the journey that would become the biggest pain of my ass for next 13 years.