Singing In The Rain

Something that I'd like to talk about is the role music has played in my life. Music has been essential to me because I have this feeling that no matter what mood I'm in, my music perfectly reflects how I'm feeling and I know for a fact that I'm not alone in this regard.

Before I graduated high school I'd always listen to music as I walk down the halls and sometimes when the music is about to reach the chorus, I would turn a corner at the perfect time and I'd be walking down the hallway doing that "Badass Dramatic Walk".

I was introduced to music by my sisters, they listened to artists like The Spice Girls, The Backstreet Boys, Rise Against, Billy Talent, Simple Plan and shit like that. I'll never forget my very first concert I ever went to. Corey took Matt and I to see Simple Plan in Saskatoon (still in Canada my American readers) and my life was changed. I hadn't gone to another until Corey took me to see Simple Plan many years later, this time in Moose Jaw. Then with Gabriel we apparently saw Marianas Trench but I don't really remember seeing them. But then Gabriel and I brought Mike along to see Three Days Grace and it was going well until the stage started to smell like weed and beer so we decided to leave. After that I didn't go to many concerts until I saw The Backstreet Boys with my family when was in grade 10. Then in my grade 12 year I got to witness so far the two greatest concerts I've ever seen, Corey took me to see Billy Talent, and then on my birthday Lea took me to see Skillet who are two out of four of my favourite bands, the other two being Metallica and Simple Plan.

But when it comes to favourite memories concerning music, the memory that takes the cake is when I was going through a break up with Melissa and I was upset. I went for a walk to think things over and I normally have an IPod or my phone with me so music is never far away from me. I started listen to my music. But it also started to rain. The song that came on was The Show Must Go On by Queen and I began to just belt out the lyrics in the pouring rain and I felt so free. I seriously recommend you try it, it really helps you let it out if you're struggling.