From Ashes to a Phoenix

Despite all of the setbacks, I'm not letting anything drag down my mood, because the past isn't something worth losing yourself over. "We lose your way, we get back up again." -Get Back Up by: TobyMac.
"You get hurt, hurt them back, you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America from Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course "If you give up, you're only punishing yourself." -My grandfather'a last words to me. Those are just some pieces of advice I'd tell the people who come to me for help. But maybe it's time to follow my own advice and get my mojo back so to speak.
Gabriel once told me that when I'm making jokes and movie references that life just seems sweeter, and Ashley told me that a smile on my face puts a smile on her face. And to tell you the truth, I don't like being upset and thinking about the past, but it keeps creeping up on me like a ghost in a horror movie, a constant reminder of my past mistakes. I've lied, I've cheated, and I've hurt many people who I cared about, but I'm not going to let my past sins define who I am.

So it's time to man up, put the past behind me, and prove to everyone that if I can do it anyone else can make their own destiny. My name is Connor and I want to say nice guys don't always finish last and I have tears no more.

THE END.