The Road To Love: Part II

High school started off pretty rough for me since I had no idea what to do, where to go, or who to talk to, but I still felt pretty safe since Matt when was in the same high school as me, until I met a girl named Ashley in my home room. Her and I became friends quickly and we didn't begin dating until we had already known each other for at least two years.

I also met a dude named Troy. He was into movies and comic books much like myself so I took a liking to him quickly, and then he introduced me to the woman who would leave the biggest impact of my life Melissa. He said to me "Dude you should go out with her." and at first I was hesitant because I had feelings for Ashley but I agreed to date Melissa and our on/off relationship spanning four years began at that very moment. If I had known the pain it would've caused me in advance, I would've told Troy to shut the hell up. But of course I didn't. I'm sorry I'm getting ahead of myself again, I need to go into more detail with Ashley and I first.

She was nothing like what I expected, I honestly thought she was a nerd like me, but I was wrong, she's a "nerd in training". She plays video games and watches some movies but not all of the popular ones (like Star Wars, a Batman movie that isn't The Dark Knight, or The Matrix) not to mention she was the person with the darkest sense of humour I had ever known.

She had discovered that I had feelings for her when I left flowers in her locker. Later that day she walks up to me, flowers in hand and asks "Did you put these in my locker?" I looked at her with a smirk and said "Maybe." After that year of our friendship growing I asked her out and she said "yes" and we were together for about three to four months. But after those months she broke up with me because she was afraid that she couldn't love me as much as I loved her, so we stayed friends.

But Ashley wasn't the worst of it, in all honesty she was the second best relationship I've ever had, and I'm about to tell you about the worst of my "Rogues Gallery" as Troy put it best before I go into detail about the best.