chapter 4

So now I'm tenderizing the steaks, but I guess too much.

"Dear what is wrong?" Jake's mom asks.

"Nothing."

"There has to be a reason or are the steaks just to rough?" Jake's mom asks looking at me like she knows.

"I just can't believe it."

"Believe what?" Jake's mom asks.

"I can't believe when I finally let my guard down more I get hurt. Like what the fudge? Why didn't he tell me about Darby? Why did she have o come in when we were busy? Why did he have sex with her? Isn't it a werewolf thing that they wait for their mate or at least tell them before they are even about to mark or do anything sexual with their mate? Why does she have to be more beautiful than me and get him before me? I get I didn't know about werewolves being real or about mate, but I know about soulmates and ug."

She looks at me like my closest friend died. Jake walks in and grabs me by my waist, but I push him away earning a growling warning.

"Don't touch me."

He turns me around and I see his mom giving us privacy. He look me in my eyes like he is looking into my soul trying to find something.

"I'm sorry about us being interrupted." Jake says.

"It was better now then later. And don't think that I'm ever going to kiss you like that again or ever kiss you again." That's a big fat lie because the only thing I want to do is kiss him till the end of time.

He growls and stomps away, but looks back at me like he regrets things. Does he regret being paired with me or for his action with Darby? I keep pounding the meet like it was her until his mom and Nikki stops me. Their mom holds out her arms like I'm her child and in desperate need of a hug or a shoulder to cry on. I walk to her and hug her back while Nikki hugs me too. I don't understand why I feel like I'm part of the family and known them for years. I finish helping cook dinner, but since I was making the steaks look like meat paper I wasn't allowed to finish pounding the steaks. When the cooking was done I had five minutes to clean up and get ready. So I rushed into Nikki's room with her and we got ready. At dinner I see Darby flirting with Jake sitting next to him, but I couldn't see him. I sat next to Nikki and a guy who I found out is his third in command. His name is Tyler and he is 25 hasn't found his mate yet and he is also Barby's cousin. Jake looks at me throughout dinner, but when I catch him looking he turns his head like he is deep into the confession he is having with Darby and his beta. When Darby put her hand on his arm I couldn't take it anymore. I get up from my seat and walk outside to calm down. I know I'm a scorpio and believe me I want to get even and show her her place, but I'm also have to be mature and keep my Scorpio side contained. All the senirose run through my head. For instance I could go back in and beat her up or sit on Jakes lap kissing him and making sure he marks me. Then there is the other I could cut off her hand and torched her, but that just not really me and I want to impress the pack showing I'll be a great luna. Then there are the pranks, but let's not go there. I look up at the moon thinking why she paired us. Looking at the sky calms me down a bit, but not completely. I miss john, but I don't know where the cells are or even if he is still there. Nikki's mom told me he will me released later when he is given a shot to forget. John and I have been together for a long time and it hurts me that he wont remember me or anything we shared. To be honest I still love him, but we don't belong together. Nikki walks out of the pack house and sits next to me.

"You know we are like sisters now and to be honest I wanted to hurt her and I'm shocked you to the high road." Nikki says.

" You are my sister and if I didn't as you call it the high road it would get very bad. I mean like what Luna hurts her own pack just for a she wolf flirting and trying to get on my nerves. If anything Jake should of not allowed it, but he did."

After a moment of silence Nikki spoke.

"Do you miss him?" Nikki asks.

I raise a eyebrow at her.

"You did love him and when he gets drugged he won't remember a thing about you or the time you guys shared." Nikki says.

I sigh.

"Yes I miss him, but there is nothing I can do. I can't even say goodbye since I don't even know where the cells are."

Nikki grabs my hand and we walk off.

"Nikki where are we going?"

"To the cells." Nikki says.

Once there a guard looks at us and Nikki convinced him to let us go in. We found john and I ran to his arms seeing him chained.

"John are you okay?"

He looks at me and nods.

"John never forget I love you. I wish we didn't go swimming and I wish I wasn't destined to be without you."

He looks at me and was about to say something until we heard growling, but not just from anyone, it was my mate. And in a second I hug his and kiss his cheek, before I ripped off of him. Jake is holding me while growling. I push away from him and run as fast as I can before I start crying and he kills john.

"Mate I know you are near don't try to run from me. I'm an phase and I love the chase." Jakes wolf says.

I try running faster, but then I trip and twisted my ankle. I try getting up and I fall back down. I hear snapping and then Jake walks out from behind a big tree naked. I try to look anywhere, but at him. I already got a glims of his manhood and I didn't need to be turned on or even be looking at is nakedness. Jake chuckles and then leans down looking at my ankle.

"Whatts so funny?"

"You are not like the other females." He says

"At least I'm not a horse or a slut and diffently not a prositute. Why are you even here? I bet Darby is waiting for you all ready and naked. Or maybe you already did it when I was with john. At least he wouldn't act like I'm invencable and allow a whore to flirt and diffently wouldn't allow a whore to touch him when it clear as day that he is taken to everyone. Why not just reject me already so you can go back they way you were."

Jake growls all trough my speech then picks me up saying mine and holds me tight while walking to who knows where.