Chapter 2

The first year students of Beacon had all gathered at the edge of a cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest, Beacon's headmaster Ozpin and another teacher Professor Goodwitch addressed them as the students stood in a single file line.

“For years you have trained to become warriors.” Ozpin began, “and today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.” Oisira stood next to her best friend Mithril, who stood next to a girl with long black hair and a bow atop her head; on her other side was a red haired girl that she could've sworn she had seen that same face on a cereal box before. Oisira leaned forward to get a look at the other students, she recognized the cloaked Faunus and further down she saw Weiss Schnee and the other two girls from the day before.

“Now,” Professor Goodwitch spoke up after Ozpin. “I'm sure many of you have heard rumors of the assignment of teams. Well allow us to put an end to your confusion, each of you will be given teammates; today.” Oisira began to hear distressed sounds coming from the silver eyed girl, which for now she chose to ignore.

“These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon, so it is in your best interest to be paired with someone who can work well.” Oisira heard more distressed noises, this girl does know what she's getting herself into right? “That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.”

“What?!” screamed the same distressed girl,

“See! I told you!” Said a ginger-haired girl.

The first person I make eye contact with huh? Oisira thought glancing over to Mithril not at all surprised to see her friend looking back at her as well, they gave each other silent nods before turning back to Ozpin.

“After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way, do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path; or you will die.” A nervous chuckle left the lips of a male blonde student standing next to the silver eyed girl. “You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics, each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. You will guard that item, as well as your standing and grade you appropriately.” The headmaster paused for a moment to allow everyone to take in all the information just given, “are there any questions?”

“Y-yeah, umm sir-”

“Good, now take you positions.” everyone (except the boy next to the silver eyed girl) all went into battle stance ready to draw their weapons, a few students already had their weapons out.

“uhh sir, I've got umm… a question.” Weiss was without warning launched from the cliff, then another student, then another as the blonde boy continued to speak. “So this landing… strategy thing, umm w-what is it? You're like, dropping us off or something?” before Oisira could hear Ozpin’s answer however, she heard a loud click and she herself was launched from the cliffside and into the forest with her friend not long after. She took a deep breath as she flew through the air, she then drew her weapon; a very bulky blue, black, and silver sniper rifle with a large blade just below the barrel that could also covert to an assault rifle and three other forms named the Silver Crusader. She took aim just above the cliff she was launched from and fired a shoot that could probably be heard from there and using the recoil she shoot herself forward at a downward diagonal angle.

She turned back around and transformed her weapon from gun to sword and plunged it into the tree she collided with focusing all the impact into her weapon, once she lost her momentum; Oisira pushed herself and her weapon off the tree and dropped to the forest floor bending her knees as she landed. First, through the scope of her rifle, then without it; she began to scan her surroundings.