Colour 50 - Beginning of New Journey (last part)

Few months passed and it was Gouri's godh bharai ( baby shower). Her family had reached OM to attend the function too. Om was the most happiest person that day. He had dreamt of this day long ago. He was very much excited and was all set to go down. But Gouri was not to be seen in the room. He checked everywhere but couldn't find her. That's when he saw her praying in front of Shankarji kept in his working room.

She was looking like a goddess wearing a white lehenga, her innocence and purity adding to the beauty. She stood there with closed eyes, folded hands and soft murmuring of her prayers. He didn't want to disturb her, after all it was her prayer that gave them such a beautiful life like this.

As Gouri had slowly opened her eyes, she felt contented on having sharing everything to her Shankarji. She knew he would grant all her wishes and keep her Omkaraji and family safe.

As she slowly turned to go out , she saw Om standing at the door, admiring her.
G: hey Jatadhari hippie pati, what are you doing here?

Om simply smiled and took her hands in his, keeping a soft kiss on her palm. He kept his one hand on the baby bump.
O: I was also praying for my pagli chiraiyya and my honey.
G: oh, then why did you stand at the door, you could've come in right?
O: I didn't want to disturb you Gouri that's why....

She felt so happy seeing him smiling whole heartedly like this.
O: waise, how are you feeling now Gouri? Yesterday you were so weak and you were almost unconscious.
G: woh...I'm fine Omkaraji. Don't be tensed for all this.
O: how can I be not tensed Gouri, I can't bear if something happens to you. You are most important to me. I can't see you in pain and danger. It'll be like death to me.

Suddenly Gouri closed his mouth with her palm while Om realized what he had told. Her eyes were filled and tears began flowing down.
O: arrey pagli...
G: khabardar Omkaraji, don't say such things from now on. I don't want to hear all these.
O: I'm sorry baba, why do you cry like this?

Saying this, he wiped away all the tears.

O: I would never ever hurt you in any way, I would always keep you happy in spite of any condition. This is my promise.

Gouri slowly kept her head on his chest and she could hear even his heart speaking the same to her. He hugged her softly with all his love Both were in their own world.

" Gouri" they heard Jhanvi calling. Om slowly released her and began making her walk to the hall.

J: Gouri tum tayyar hoon?
G: ha maaji,
O: mom, please do check on her ok??
J:( smiling) Om she's not only your wife, but also my Bahu and my daughter too. Only a mother can take best care of her daughter, heard?

Om smiled hearing this. At times he felt that his mom loved Gouri even more than him. They always had a lovely bond, he thought. He was always happy seeing his mom caring for Gouri.

J: Gouri , Prinku have reached with her baby
G: is it maaji, why didn't you tell me earlier?? I missed them a lot.
J: I was searching you for saying this. But you were nowhere to be seen.

As they were talking, Prinku came there with her baby boy.
P: bhabhi....

Gouri walked faster towards Prinku, to see her baby. She stood there playing with the baby.
P: kaise ho bhabhi aap?
G: I'm fine, I really missed you.
P: me too bhabhi, I was really excited to come here.
G: how is your health?
P: I'm perfect bhabhi, come fast let's take some pictures before the functions start.
G: did you have your food? If not I'll bring you a glass of milk now.
P: oh no bhabhi, I'm already filled. Do you think Ranveer would leave me without having food?
G: the same is with Omkaraji. He would scold me nowadays for not having food and even if I play with cherry and chotu.
P: hmm...good that Bhaiyya is not here.