> KaiSoo* [Tell Me]

*top!kyungsoo, bottom!jongin, mute!jongin, self-harm, trigger warning

Summary: Jongin doesn't need to be able to say anything, because Kyungsoo would always know with how Jongin's heartbeat speaks this loud.

❣️Fluff somewhere

[Tell Me]

Jongin looks at himself in the mirror and forces a smile.

Kyungsoo doesn't need to know about this. He doesn't. 'You can talk to me about anything, Jongin', but Jongin doesn't want to. He can figure this out on his own.

"Jongin?" Kyungsoo calls as as he takes off his shoes, pushing them to the side as he walks in. "Jongin, are you home?"

Jongin fixes himself and wipes his tears making sure his eyes don't look too swollen before he gets out of their room.

"Jong—oh, you're there," Kyungsoo says and chuckles as he sets off his coat, advancing to Jongin to give him a heartwarming hug, to which Jongin returns with eagerness.

Maybe Kyungsoo is where he holds on for reassurance, for love, and everything Kyungsoo gives him without expecting anything in return. But what if Jongin isn't enough just like this?

Welcome hugs don't always last this long but Jongin's hands are tight around Kyungsoo's waist, his head buried on Kyungsoo's shoulder and judging by Jongin's breathing, Kyungsoo knows something is off.

"Jongin? Are you okay, baby?" Kyungsoo worriedly asks, gently pulling them apart to reach his hands out to Jongin's cheek. "Is there something wrong?"

Jongin only shakes his head slowly and flashes a smile.

"Sure?" Kyungsoo asks as he swipes up Jongin's bangs. Jongin looks down at him and nods.

"I love you," Jongin mouths as he expresses it in sign language, a weak smile as his eyes glisten with tears, knowing that there is nothing that Kyungsoo has heard. Nothing.

There's so much Jongin wants to say. So much Jongin wants to make Kyungsoo know. But he can't.

"It's such a shame, Jongin, right? Such a pity you can't even say the words 'I love you' after everything he gives you. Guess you just have to live with the fact that you would never, ever be enough for him."

Jongin can only keep things to himself.

"I love you, too, Jongin," Kyungsoo says as he tips Jongin's head up and gives him a quick peck on his lips before he parts and smiles.

"Do you have a problem? You know you can tell me everything, Jongin."

Jongin only shakes his head 'no'.

"Okay," Kyungsoo sighs as he holds Jongin's hand and pulls while he heads to their room. "Let me tell you something."

Jongin flashes a smile as he nods, sitting on the bed and Kyungsoo following him.