Chapter 6 - Legions Of Undead (part 2)

Some time later...

"Ugh" I groaned then rolled over.

This is another nightmare. It had to be. I got up and looked around. Wait.

Nightmares don't happen in heaven. That is where I was. Standing on a floor of clouds outside what could be a castle of gold and white marble.

I ran up the steps and straight into a giant hall of paintings.

There, with his back turned to me was an old man standing over a table. He was bald and without turning to me he said

"Its great to see you again"

I opened my mouth to answer but I felt the strange sensation of when a dream ends. A sense of being incomplete. My vision started to go blank again.

If he is who I think he is, he could have answers.

"Oh. I'm waking up again" I muttered as I felt myself being pulled back to reality.

-Dream End-

That dream was peaceful. How I felt inside it, how I felt while I awoke. But in truth what I woke up to see was anything but peaceful.

I blinked twice and opened my eyes fully. There were metal bars infront of me. It was inside a jail cell. The ground was just straw over dirt and to my left I saw a dead body. Over to my right was...Silk?

"Silk? Is that you?" I asked turning to her. Only when I moved my head I felt the stinging pain from the blow to my head.

"Jake? You're awake?" She said looking up.

"Yea. How long was I out?"

"Almost all day. It's nearly night" she said making me go stiff.

....very stiff.

"CRAP" I yelled with all my energy returning at once "Where's Emerald and Cupa?!"

"Cupa is safe with Forg. I don't know where emerald is" she said half heartedly.

It was then I noticed a bruise on her injured arm..

"They hit you?"

"I tried to fight back" she said showing a big bruise on the side of her face.

I seized up. I didn't know what to say. I tried to go over to her but my arms didn't budge. They were chained over my head. I pulled and tugged at them but all I felt was the metal biting into my flesh. The dead body smelled bad but it wasn't a zombie at least.

For an entire hour I tried moving, pulling, ramming and twisting at the chains but nothing worked. Silk's silence during it all didn't help at all. I was in the power of an army of zombies and was probably going to die so I might as well fix my mistakes while I could.

"Hey Silk" I said getting her attention.

"What is it?" She asked

"I'm sorry for last night. When I grabbed you. I didn't realise I was going deep into something I shouldn't have and I've regretted it ever since. I really am sorry" I said then took a breath. "I don't want us to be enemies so ca-"