Chapter 11| The Gears Turn

Let's kick it into high gear
***

Eight months. Eight full months and one week had past since I had left the mountain shack of Cupa and Silk. What was more unnerving is that any amount of time could have past in the real world. Amy had offered shelter and kept me as a guest in exchange for the occasional odd job. A serious depression came over me whenever Cupa or Silk came to mind.

Hell, I tracked them up to here but God knows where they are now.

"Honey we need more firewood for tonight!" Amy shouted to me from the first floor of the house.

"Roger Am, I'll be down in a minute," I answered and suited up in a loose shirt.

Oh did I forgot to mention that I'm married now?

The villagers here are drama hounds. Any bit of gossip and your yard would be flocked the next day. Amy thought up a little lie to keep them off our backs, and thus I became the husband who was always away for work and missed his wife so he decided to settle down.
I guess playing newlyweds isn't so bad really. Scratch that. I really freaking love the married life. After all Amy is undeniable beautiful with more curves than racetra-

"You're thinking something indecent again," she said from behind me causing me to leap, "your face reeks of danger."

I chuckled softly. "You got me."

I grabbed the sturdy iron axe from the corner of my room and headed downstairs lightspeed before she read more of my mind. She might do more damage to herself than to me if she poked around in my mind too much.

I waved at her as I left and made my way through the village to the adjoining forest. Amy waved at me as I left. For the week I've stayed in this place it really grew on me. For a brief minute I considered settling down. Then I discarded the thought of such a plebian lifestyle.

In truth I spent every waking hour gathering information on nearby settlements and training myself in body and mind. Not that my new muscled body needed any sort of training. My head was way too dangerous for me to really handle. When I slept and woke up the day after I flew into Amy's room my body had some kind of serious relapse due to fatigue and I collapsed for an entire day. And the scary thing is that after that 'he' has been as silent as the grave.

At this point I felt furious that no progress was made in finding my sister (if she even made it here) and finding Cupa, Emerald and Silk. The God of this world must really hate me; Therefore I turned my hate on a nearby oak tree, whittling it down with my axe. Then begs another mystery, the old nether portal in Amy's house. The portal had been opened in the middle of her upstairs living room and kinda posed a threat considering a pigman might come out at any time. Sealing it with wood seemed to keep the problem under wraps albeit temporarily. Not to mention why was there a nether portal in the nether with coordinates in the middle of Amy's house.

No news of troop movements have reached this far yet which was a relief. The villagers living here didn't need war on their doorstep. I returned around an hour later with lots of wood and some apples I picked up for the village children who swarmed me eagerly. The scale of realistic-looking beings versus the block beings has increased tremendously over the past few days but it seems that no one in the world really recognises the difference between the two. I mean fuck how do they miss something like that.