13 ▸13

Rose opened the door of the house she lived in and entered, Enjolras close behind her. Clothes were everywhere in the hall, all cut in two or ripped by someone's hands. Everything the daughter owned, was destroyed and thrown for her to see. The mirror that stood in the hall, smashed against the ground, glass covering the soft carpet that lead to the living room.

"So now you decide to arrive on time," Rose's father said, his eyes on the wall in front of the couch. He had his wife's hand in his, they waited for her like this, both holding onto each other.

"What is this all?"

"Don't act like you don't know!"

Her mother turned to take a look at her and noticed the man behind her, a man she has seen before. His blonde hairs were too dirty for liking, his posture not straight enough and his clothes too old. He stood close to her daughter, clearly protecting the young lady.

"You have a lot of nerves to take this man with you, sweetheart. He doesn't belong here!"

"If he doesn't than neither do I!," Rose said, not wanting her parents to say bad things about him.

"Perfect, you finally released! You don't belong here that is true! Protesting with those scams, fighting the police to protect a little boy! If I didn't help you, you would've been dead and now you talk to me like that," her mother screamed in her face, not caring about the person hearing whatever she had to say.

'You can't be serious, I fight for those people. I strive for equality in France, isn't that something to be proud of?"

"Proud?," Rose's father started laughing with his daughter. He couldn't believe her, expecting them to accept what she does.

"You ruin our reputation, you are a shame to this family!"

"I don't believe she's the bad one over here. Rose, your daughter, is an amazing person who cares more about others than herself. She's always trying to help the people who need her to, she is an angel and someone to be proud of," Enjolras said, standing in front of her and protecting her behind his body. Whatever her parents will do, it will be directed towards him.

"How dare you?"

"No, how dare you? You are her parents, you should care about her, more than your reputation," he added.

"You youngman, shouldn't be talking to us like that! It's your fault this is happening, so stop acting like we are the bad ones," the father almost screamed in his face, Enjolras didn't move away. The tension raised even more, the two men fighting.

"That's enough! He isn't the one to blame and neither am I. I want this, I want to fight for them and it isn't my problem if you can't accept that. I finally found a place that feels like a home to me, I know now that I belong with them" Rose's voice was very calm, she understood that screaming couldn't solve the problems.

"You are a disgrace to this family, young lady!"

Enjolras was done with how they talked to the person he cares so much about, so he grabbed her hand and told her they'll leave, that she's welcome at his place and that she shouldn't stay with these people anymore. He leaded her outside, leaving the parents behind, who where screaming at him and her. But both didn't listen, they went outside and back to where they came from. Away from the house Rose once called home and to the place that will be like a home to her.

"Are you alright?," Enjolras asked along the way, his arm rested around her shoulder, holding the woman close to him.

"I am finally free of them, I can finally do what I want. Trust me, I am fine." Rose had that beautiful smile on her face again, it looked so wonderful to Enjolras. It was one of his favorite things in the world. He could enjoy it the whole day. His eyes trailed down her whole body, every detail of the girl memorized in his brain.

"Rose?," he silently asked, she responding with a noise inside her mouth and she stopped to look him in this eyes.

Enjolras had no idea what he was doing, his hand just placed itself on her cheek, pulling the girl in front of him closer. His looked at her and then at her lips, how they came closer to his. He stopped thinking, closed his eyes and kissed her. It was a soft one, not asking for more than this. It felt perfect to him, he had waited for this moment for so long.

What didn't expect to happen was her hand on his chest, pushing him slowly away. She looked up at him, tears standing in her eyes and her teeth biting on her lower lip.

"We can't do this," Rose told him softly.

"Why?"

"Because of Grantaire, I don't want to hurt his feelings" her words stumbled out of her mouth, her hand brushed a string of hair behind Enjolras's ear and her arm rested on his shoulder.

"Stop caring about others for one moment, Rose," he whispered against her, his forehead against hers.

The young lady gasped for some breath, her eyes still locked with his. She didn't want to look at him, but she couldn't stop herself. There was something about him, something that made her have these feelings for him. But she couldn't allow herself to feel this, she couldn't do this to the man who's in love with the golden person in front of her.