Temptation

TIME SKIP

Kaneki's POV:
I had to spend another month away from Hide... I think I'm finally ready to spend the day with him. I made sure to eat before going so I don't end up nibbling on his ear or something awkward like that... it's strange but just the thought of even licking him makes me drool. I should stop thinking about that and go to meet him already.

I put my shoes on and run out of the house, I go to the buss stop. I see Hide there with his headphones on as usual with his hands in his pockets. I go to him and tap him on the shoulder, he looks at me and pulls his headphones down to around his neck "hey buddy~!" He cheerfully greeted me, I smile at him "Hey, Hide." I respond. We start to walk, Hide tells me about school and how it's been going but I keep zoning out...

I keep sniffing over and over as if I had a cold, it's addictive the scent is better than anything I've ever smelt before, it's so unique and different, but I keep in mind the scent is coming from Hide so I must resist the temptation no matter how strong it is. I just want to take a huge bite from him, yet he is my best friend so I mustn't, after all he's everything to me. He's my best friend.

Hide's POV:
We've made it to the park and it's clear to me he's not paying attention, his sniffing is constant which is the slightest bit unsettling. I'm curious on what he's sniffing at but he'll try cover his lies as usual so I shan't, I sit on a swing and Kaneki begins to push me, I didn't ask him so I'm not sure on why...

Every push I feel his fingertips slightly touching me, I shuffle forward because it's making me a bit uncomfortable but his fingers continue to touch me. All I can thing is that it's on purpose but I don't want to think like that of him... I jump off the swing and scrape my knee on the pavement. It stings, I start blowing on it it stop it but the blood just drips down my leg. It was a stupid idea.

Kaneki's POV:
I run to Hide's side and see the blood dripping down his leg, I automatically feel my mouth water, I swallow and kneel beside him examining the cut, I want to lick it like it's a pop sickle so bad but I can't... I have to keep it a secret I'm a ghoul... I don't want him to abandon me...