6.2

She wakes slowly, feeling Matt's deep breathing against the back of her neck as he sleeps, to a slowly darkening room. The sun clearly at the end of setting to make way for nightfall, the room now basking in more of a navy tone than the pale light it had when they had first come up here. She moves slowly and carefully, used to getting up without waking Matt, and makes her way to the ensuite bathroom, shutting the door carefully before flipping the light switch to brighten up the room so she can see.

Beau uses the bathroom quickly, the reason she had woken up in the first place, and washes her hands. She then leans over the sink, cupping some water in her hands and splashing her face - to wake her up a little more and as a general freshen up after her nap. There is a fresh towel to the side, she suspects it might have been placed in here while they were sleeping because Matt used the bathroom before their nap and it wasn't there then, so she uses that to dry her hands and face.

She turns off the light before opening the door, slipping back into the bedroom where Matt is still dozing and gets back onto the bed. She sits up against the headboard, near to him but not enough that she can't move without risking waking him, picking up her phone from the side and raises a surprised eyebrow when she notices that they've been asleep for just over two hours while she's unlocking her phone.

She does the math in her head to check the time difference before deciding to text her brother.

-

(Private chat: He's fast💨)

She's weird🔮:
Hey, I meant to text you earlier but we were tired and ended up taking a nap, so I've only just woken up and gotten around to it 😬😬
Matt's sisters picked us up at the airport and his mother seemed really happy to meet me
Apparently, since Matt told them nothing, Alex filled them in a little about me 😜

He's fast💨:
That's okay 😛
Sounds like you were worrying about nothing then (I know you were stressing about meeting Matt's mom since he's a momma's boy 😉)

She's weird🔮:
I'm going to tell him what you said about him being a momma's boy 😈

He's fast💨:
Do it
I don't care

She's weird🔮:
Sure...

He's fast💨:
Whatever 😛
I have things to do (for example, get everything ready for my date with Phoebe tonight 😉😉) so I'll talk to you tomorrow or something

She's weird🔮:
Yes, Flynn😏😏
Get some, big brother 😉😉

He's fast💨:
There has got to be a rule somewhere stating that little sisters should not be like that 😒
Go away, brat

She's weird🔮:
Whatever 😏😈
Love you! 😁😁

He's fast💨:
Yeah, yeah (I love you too)

-

She turns her phone screen off when she hears Matt starting to wake up, putting it on the bedside table before running her fingers through Matt's hair.

"Hey, sleepy head," She smiles as he yawns, snuggling closer with his eyes still shut, evidently not ready to get up yet.

"Why are you up?" He mumbles against her side; it's slightly muffled by his position but she gets the general gist of his question. "We haven't been asleep long."