Chapter 5: Peter Pan and Wendy

Alex Danvers was a high profile FBI agent with an attitude. She lived in National City and was in a happy and loving relationship with her girlfriend, Maggie Sawyer, the NCPD detective.

Alex was having a very boring Tuesday at the office, alone with her arch nemesis, aka paper works, when she heard the news about the catastrophe on Isla Nublar Island where Jurassic Park was. There were dinosaurs rampaging on loose over the place and the footage showed people leaving the island in panic. Some had gotten injured in the rush of the crowd and a few attacked by some flying dinosaurs. The death toll wasn't clear, something between thirty to fifty civilians and employees.

It was truly horrible, but what made the news more disturbing to Alex personally, was the fact that her sister Kara had called just the day before to vent how Snapper was sending her there for a job assignment. After hearing the news and Kara not answering her phone, she wasted no time to pull some strings and got a private flight to Costa Rica at the same day.

A lot of people tried to stop her from going or entering the Park, claiming she had no authority outside the USA, but she was Alex Danvers and Alex would cross galaxies and achieve the impossible if her sister's safety was involved.

Alex made it to Costa Rica and despite the sickening fear she held inside, went to the morgue where the remaining, unidentified bodies were being kept and stepped outside, holding on to the flickering hope that Kara wasn't among those corpses.

It was 10:43 am Wednesday when Alex walked inside Jurassic Park's Headquarters where Director John Jones, the head of the Park's security was waiting for her. The security team consisted of a dozen soldiers, and a few tech experts were the only people remained behind. The whole island had been evacuated.

"Agent Danvers." The stoic African American greeted her coldly with his arms folded over his chest.

"Director Jones." Alex acknowledged with a nod.

"I'm informed you will be joining our force as a consultant in handling the situation and finding the missing people." John said as he walked towards the monitor showing many pictures with names and some empty slates with the words 'civilian' written inside them. Alex's heart dropped at seeing it. One of them had to be Kara. She knew the chances were slim, but Alex just knew she was still alive.

Alex was seething. No one had told her that she would be here just as a consultant. She was infuriated but tried to keep her cool. She had gotten this far, she could do it for Kara's sake.

"Yes, I'm here to help you save these people before it's too late."

"Good, then let's get to work." The director guided her to a circular commanding area where some people were working with computers, while other soldiers were talking pointing at different locations on a map laid on a table.

John stopped by a man seated on a chair and immersed in typing.

"This is Winslow Schott. He had been in contact with two of the missing targets." He introduced before leaving them alone.

The man stood up and faced Alex. "Hi, I'm Winn." He said nervously.

"Alex Danvers."

"Danvers? Are you related to Kara Danvers?" Winn asked in awe.

Her heart raced in anticipation. She wondered how this man knew her sister and if he was going to tell her the words she dreaded most.

"I'm her sister! Where did you see her last?" Alex demanded and walked closer to Winn. She didn't ask that one specific question though, fearing that even speaking that word out loud could somehow turn it to reality.