Chapter 9: Law of the Jurassic World

Kara found Mike in the infirmary, sitting in his bed and talking to Winn. At least she didn't have to look for Winn and fill him in separately anymore.

"Kara!" Mike greeted her with a shy smile. He looked rested and not so pale anymore.

"Heyyy" Kara stretched the letter Y too long, suddenly blanking out on why she had even come down there to say when she remembered their kiss again. "A- Are you okay?" She stammered.

"Yeah, I feel much better. How about you?"

"I'm- I'm fine." Kara fiddled with her glasses.

"I should probably let you two talk." Winn tried to leave, but Kara stopped him.

"No, there's something I need to tell you both." Kara looked around quickly to see if anyone else was there beside the still hidden and unconscious Maxwell Lord.

"Ehm, okay..." Winn sat back on the stool and both boys stared at her curiously.

"I think Alex has found something she shouldn't have. She wants us to meet her downstairs in two hours."

Kara continued to tell them the details of the place of the meeting in a quiet voice and asked – specifically Winn – not to act weird about this. Winn soon had to leave when his short break was over and once more Kara got to be alone with Mike.

Kara sat on the stool Winn had left empty, facing Mike. "So, um, you were- you were pretty hammered."

"Yeah, I was." Mike chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "What did I miss?"

Kara's heart instantly began palpitating. "Oh, not much, what do you remember?" She almost choked on her own inhale.

"Well, I'm not sure if it was a fever dream, but I were we talking earlier?..." His brows knitted together worriedly.

"Yeah, that happened." Kara was literally twitching in her seat, in anticipation. The expression on her face must have made alarmed Mike since his eyes widened in dread.

"Oh no! What did I do? "

Kara looked deep into his insecure wide eyes. He really didn't remember.

"Nothing." She finally said, and decided to completely relieve him of his worry by adding, "You were just drooling!" Kara chuckled as she animatedly tried to show Mike how he supposedly had drooled.

"Oh, that's bad." He covered his mouth in embarrassment.

"Yeah, you were drooling all over yourself!" Kara laughed it off, secretly feeling disappointed. "Ok, so you get some rest and come to the secret meeting at 2:45 if you're allowed to leave." Kara had dropped the volume of her voice considerably saying the last part.

"Okay. See you later then Kara."

Kara nodded at him and decided to leave before she changed her mind about telling him the truth.

***

Two and half hours later, Kara slipped into the dark closet room anxiously. "Alex?" She dared to call her out loud.

"Here." Alex' voice came from a corner following by a flashlight that blinded her.

"Would you point that another way?" Kara blinked many times to get rid of the afterimage staining her vision in the shape of a solid circle.

"Hi."

Kara heard Winn greeting her.

"Hi, did Mike get here?" Kara asked, joining the others standing. Their faces appeared creepy with only the flashlight radiating upwards.