Chapter : 4.2

An woman cannot be completely beautiful with her physical finery or intelligence only.. A heart made of gold is also needed to make her beautiful inside out.

4.2 | Her Challenges continues |

~*~*~*~

Tap! Dhap! Dhap! Tap!

Dhap! Dhap! Tap! Dhap!

'One, two, three, four... One, two, three, four', a raspy old voice chimed irritatedly, 'Darn it!! Are you dolls?', With that, she used her cane stick to slap the girls on their calves, 'If you continue to sway this stiffly like wood, then you can forget your purpose for learning dance here and join the house servants please'.

'Welcome the three princes of Isilwane!', the herald at the door of the dance hall announced, making the girls gasp loudly and giggle at each other.

'Stop laughing and get your pathetic limbs in here!', the old woman who used to be the main dancer of King Tej's court, barked at her students, 'the princes are not going to choose any of you for their nights if you remain this cold. Show your elegance! Move your body fluidly, as gracious as flows of water!'

She bowed at the three princes, 'Welcome young Majesties', she clapped twice, indicating the musicians to start playing some tune as the bunches of girls started to move their waist and hips sensually, their hands, legs and hair keeping up with their body moves.

This meant the end of the dance class for the five girls from training camp. They couldn't let others know who they are. It had been a ritual of Isilwane that, the secret royal guards of the future king were secrets to the king himself. Only the previous king and the trainers of those royal guards knew them as they chose the challenges that the trainees would go through and finalized the best ones for the future king.

But, there was a severe risk too. If any of the king saw his own secret guard, he would have to kill him/ her with his own hands because, once they knew of their ultimate security armour, they wouldn't be able to act as all vulnerable and it would be a lead for the enemy kingdoms to find the secret royal guards and capture them to death.

The other girls of the training camp could continue the class as they were very much tart looking and could easily blend in the crowd. But, Gauri had to hide from the princes, because of her unique green eyes. She quickly climbed a pillar of the hall, and slid in one of the folded curtains hanging from the ceiling. She peeked out to see the three princes get on their respective chairs and lean on the backrest. The girls started sway wildly with the changing beats of drums and flutes, as the princes watched them with wolfish smirks etched on their faces.

One girl, who was dancing just at the bottom of the pillars on which Gauri climbed, whispered to another, 'You see, the first prince will definitely choose me, I saw him watching me more than any other girl yesterday, so today I chose this shimmery clothes, so that he doesn't look away from me for even a moment', she flipped her hair, and moved forward, shaking her hips vigorously as she flowed through the crowd like a serpent.

Gauri laughed to herself mentally. If she came down now for a dance, she was sure that the princes would forget their breaths. But she was here only to learn the art of seduction, so that she could distract the soldiers and spies to extract information, or to busy the king towards her to save him from honey-traps or female assassins. But she hated how these dumb girls fawned so much over themselves. She was only fifteen now, and was really astonished to find out that most of the girls with whom she took classes, didn't get the tiniest part of their brains improved in these ten years. Sometimes she wondered to herself, how could people survive with this little sense of conscience?