Chapter : 7.2

Life is full of surprises and in those surprises, we have our opportunities. Now, its up to us, not to get astonished and choose our path correctly.

7.2 |The Southern Province  |

~*~*~*~

Shakti peeked in Gauri's cell in the underground dungeon, 'Gauri, are you in there?'

'Yes, I was just collecting the bag of herbs and medicines', Gauri came out in her black robe and pants, a belt around her waist, which hung her most needed luggage from it. She had a black cloth tied over her head and face, only letting her eyes out. She looked like a tiny man, for she had never learnt to walk, talk or behave like agreeable ladies.

'I really don't wish to be left here alone', Shakti sighed hugging her.

'Then I'm leaving Ranveer and Dandi behind. I'm sure I can manage without them', Gauri broke the hug.

'But',

'No buts. Believe me, when you get these type of thoughts, you are getting old and old people do need help, pretty much with everything. Don't worry for the king, he'll be alright', she walked away.

'That's what I dread the most. I can never afford the loss if you're gone', Shakti looked at the path she went off guiltily.

Outside, it was a great commotion. The carriages that were to be sent with king were surrounded by curious mob, making the slaves' work harder. There were a lot of things that were to be packed and sent with the king. Gifts, food, water, riches, and much more. There was a carriage going to be prepared for the king too, but Omkara preferred to go all the way on the horseback.

Finally the black gate signalling the threshold of Northern Province was opened, and the train of carriages ran out, with numerous horses before and after them, and Omkara was riding his horse just before the first carriage. When they were getting down a steep road to get to the plains, it seemed as if a small caravan was setting out from Northern Province, or that's what Gauri thought while she watched them from a distance. She took the more dangerous way to get to the plains through dense woods of hills where packs of wolves wander freely, so that she couldn't be caught while keeping an eye on them.

After a journey of twenty one suns, They finally reached the huge white gate of Southern Province. The journey was a wreck would be an understatement. Gauri almost got caught by the knights, every night, she had to run away from at least one pack of wolves, be it the original ones or the ones under human skins. When they were about to cross the border of Western Province, there was a bandit attack. Ten of Omkara's men died during the commotion, Gauri had to disguise herself as the knights and fight the bandits alongside her king. This incident gave her an opportunity to see how capable her prince had become as a king and a fighter. If king Tej hadn't divided the provinces for each of his sons, he could have been a great minister in command for King Shivaay, regarding his intelligence and fighting skills. But what made him the proper king of Northern Province, was his ultimate ruthlessness, not an ounce of sympathy was shown to the audacious rogues.

When the gates of Southern Province was being opened for the king of Northern Province to enter, Gauri was pondering over her decision to swim across dike. Though it didn't need much wit to dive in dike, but this dike was the armour of Southern Province, circling round the main city. The dike was deep as a river, a hundred yards in breadth and what made it almost impossible in crossing it were the man-eater crocodiles bred in it.