Chapter : 12.2

A QUEEN is always a QUEEN, if she bows to someone, it means she is showing respect, not submission.

12.2 | The Queen of Qróllinia |

Qróllinia. Morning.

The maids were hastily moving about a spacious Bedchamber, making sure that when the sleeping beauty inside wakes up, she would have her every necessity prepared right before her. There were cold mint tea to wash her mouth, sea salt to scrub her teeth, a wooden tub filled with lukewarm water and flower oils for her bath. They even engaged in a heated argument over what she would wear for today.

The head maid, a woman in her early forties rebuked the chattering young women half her age harshly in a hushed voice, "You ignorant fools would bring your death upon yourself some day with your insolence!  How dare you make fuss over something petty like this disturbing her majesty's rest? Scram right now, all of you! When her majesty wakes up, she herself will decide. It's not like you peasants can make a decent choice anyway!"

"We apologize big sister", the maids left bowing their heads.

Meanwhile, the woman sleeping inside the chamber blinked her eyes with her brows squinted, as the sun glared at her.

She chuckled amusedly while stretching as the constant chatter of the youngsters and the reproaching of the head maid in a hushed manner entered her ears.

They never change, she puffed out a breath fondly.
Okay, okay, no need to glare so harshly Lord Sun, I'm up!

She sat up removing the silk sheet covering her till her hips. A soft azure cloth was draped and knotted around her body precisely, leaving no room for it to fall off. Yet the drapery wasn't too tight, making it a proper sleepwear. Her catty brown eyes seemed almost golden in the morning sunlight and her dark brown hair covered her exposed shoulder in rich curls.

" Sister Haya, please don't mind them, they are still young. what's the point in growing up so fast? "

The head maid immediately rushed over to the bed and proceeded to remove the gauzy net around it.

"Someone! Bring in the sea salt and mint tea quickly!"

She bent in front of the bed where the beautiful woman sat with ruffled clothes and unkempt hair, yet she exuded nobility and elegance.

"Servant bids her majesty a very good morning, may your day be fulfilled with energy and success. "

"You do this always, sister Haya, thank you for your care."

****

After her bath, she came out and sat before the large pot of water, while a maid held up her hair in sections and dried them using incense smoke. A maid brought over different clothes, and she chose a fiery red cloth. The material was smooth, but sheer. With the help of her maid,  she draped it over the mermaid skirt she was wearing and left two long trains falling over her shoulder.  A waist chain was tied around the cloth so that the trains don't flutter uncontrollably. She looked like the goddess of fire, the two red trains fluttering behind her as two fiery wings. Two maids walked behind her to manage the trails as she exited her chamber and two knights kneeled at her feet.

"Greetings to her majesty!"

"Rise."

An elderly minister, approached her with her schedule for the day. As he went on what revenues she would be reviewing, which ships were due to submit their taxes, which merchandises were still on the land without paying their supplies, and so on, a messanger arrived requesting her presence in the Throne Hall.

"Hail her majesty Queen Bhavya!"
"All hail! "

Bhavya entered the Throne Hall guarded by two knights from front and two maids from behind. She crossed her legs and sat straight on her backbone upon the large podium covered with tiger skin and down cushions.

"Rise", she gestured for all the officials present to stand up and occupy their designated seats.

" Your majesty", the minister of inter-kingdom affairs forwarded a tulat bearing the emblem of Isilwane, "They want us to enter a friendly treaty", he subtly gestured to the messenger from Isilwane.

Bhavya took the scroll and started reading the proposals mentioned.

"A huge loosening of exporting taxes from the ports of Western Isilwane, fair trading for corals with permanent merchandise, protection of the Isilwane army in any impending war – all these in exchange of yearly tax payable by a subject kingdom of Isilwane –"

She shot the messenger a disdainful glance.

"Say, how much do you think we earn? If I agree to this treaty, I will have to give up half of my annual income if we consider the percantage of taxes in Isilwane. Your king will have to win another kingdom to store such amount of 'taxes'. And, Isilwane army? Thank you for your concern, but,  even though our naval army is always away, they can be considered a fairly large amount and here, even kids handle a spear and row a large fishing boat. Thus, I don't see any fair reason for me to accept such 'goodwill'."

The messenger bowed respectfully at her and said, "Your majesty, if you disagree with our proposal, we can talk and amend the clauses after reaching an agreement satisfying both of your majesties' interests. You wouldn't want to face the whole  Isilwane for your stubbornness? Will you your highness?"

"Your sugarcoated threats are too obvious messenger", Bhavya played with the diamond encrusted aadh necklace, prodding at the pure white stones with her fingernails, an unreadable smile tugging at her lips.

She took off the seven-stringed raanihar encrusted with red corals and gave it to the messenger, "Give your king this, he needs to know that we don't lack anything. And what's more, I am not interested in giving up my land to a lazy slobber like king Rudra. And yes, don't forget to mention how well treated you were here to him."

"Someone! Bring our guest,  the messenger from Isilwane to the best chamber for guests, and make sure he receives the best during his stay here", she turned to the messenger, her eyes glinting sinisterly, "Now, now, little messenger, you will surely sing our praise, won't you??"

Side theatre:

Maid1: (to maid2) See, I told you her majesty looks best in red.
Maid2: Let's see if you can say the same when she wears the torquise skirt next day.
(Both of them notice the neck of Bhavya)
Maid1: Your majesty, pardon me if I'm stepping out of my bounds, but why are you wearing that necklace?
Bhavya: (gloomily prods at the diamonds and nonchalantly says) Oh this? Why can't I? It's unique and came for free anyway..

|~•~|

Yo!
Took some time out while studying and finished this chapter. Warning! Not Edited!! ⚠
But, do show some support by voting 🌟 and commenting 💬
Love you all!
Happy reading!
Sarani.