Chapter : 9

Love knows no limits, so doesn't Duties. Then what it should be called when one does one's duties wholeheartedly, like worshipping?

9 | Her Wrath |

~*~*~*~

R

anveer intended to run away, but his feet suddenly slipped as his ankle stuck in a hole somewhere between the thick, withered web of roots of the century old oak. Mentally cursing his lack of attention, Ranveer tried to jerk out his leg free as noiselessly as he could. But, to his surprise, the muddy soil stuck around his ankles started to loosen up, and before he could understand anything, he felt as if he was dragged down in hell by some unknown devilish pull. A loud rustle of dry leaves, twigs and gravels covered up his smothered scream of surprise.

The stars scattered on the dark purple-blue sky as chunks of diamonds did not help much in Omkara's eyesight. It was pitch black around him, only the outlines of the tall, veteran trees could be differed as soon as his eyesight adjusted with the darkness. Hence, the loud noise coming from the opposite side of the Oak tree behind him, caused a surprised yelp from him and he quickly turned his horse around, his grip on the dagger of his cincture tightened as his eyes sharpened to figure his enemy out.

'Tsk. We're here, you definitely lack the sense of direction, your majesty', a spiteful voice rang from behind him, mocking him even in their addressing.

Omkara hated people taking his title and honour for granted. But it was also true, that it might be a trap to distract him by poking his temper higher to cause him loss of his cool. Breathing deeply in and out for sometime, he clicked his jaw and turned back at the army of men, camouflaging themselves with twigs and holding a fire torch each. Their leader stood in front of them, his hands crossed on his chest, his face unilluminated, hands crossed over his chest and his neck length hair.

'Should I praise you for your respect towards the rule of battles? I thought you will just throw your spear at me and my life - ', he moved his right palm breadth wise before his throat, smirking.

'We are former royals Omkara', the leader put all the venom of his heart while uttering his name, 'We do not attack from our opponent's back!'

'Royals! Mister, the trick you tried on me beforehand has backfired', he chuckled lowly.

The leader didn't like his prey playing beat-around-the-bush with them. With a light cough, he said, 'How do you wish to die, by getting beheaded as your punishment for invading our land, or by losing a small fight in this wood? Either way, you are going to die in my hands, feel proud for that.'

'Hmm, let me think. As the cowards you are, getting twenty men to catch one king, that too with fire torches to help your pathetic eyesight out, it would be aptest if I get involved in a fight, And yes! I did not get to know the name of my enemies', Omkara chuckled louder.

Though the leader was shaking in rage, he didn't lose the chance to jest the spite out of the infamous king, 'Oh! Where are my manners? I am Prince Ajay, the younger brother of the crown prince Mukesh of FrostClime.'

'Former FrostClime', Omkara's chuckle now faded in a malicious grin, 'And you are not my son by any means. So, stop calling yourself by your false title.'

Ajay saw red in frenzy. Gritting his teeth at the temerity of the infamous king just before the jaw of death he spat, 'I am! I am the prince of this land!! Your army general killed my father and took our land from us! Your court dancer killed the crown prince! My own elder brother!!'