Chapter : 7.3

We come to earth to find the other half of our body and soul.

~ Eleven Minutes ;
Paolo Coelho
(I don't remember the whole line properly though 😓)

7.3 | The Wedding |

~*~*~*~

The man was so distracted by her jade green eyes darkened in fury that he missed the swift move by her right leg didn't give him the chance to dodge the attack on the nape of his left neck.

'Awk!', with a muffled groan, he inclined towards his right, to let himself out in the broad passage from the small passage, but their intwined hands at his inclination stopped him from falling out and pulled him back towards the narrow, dark passage. His back hit the rough wall and the tiny victim of his towered over him.

'Impossible! Who are you?', he asked astonished.

'I really wonder, how come you have so small amount of wit within this huge head of yours, Abhay', she pressed on the name, earning a surprised gasp from the man.

'Who. Are. You?', he tried to intimidate the petite woman hovering over him.

'I rather show it to you', she still had one of her hands entwined with him and her other hand took his hand inside of her white mantle brushing over her left shoulder.

'Since you cannot see it in darkness, feel it.'

He felt his fingertips grazing over a burnt mark, it was of a lion's face.

He retreated his hand back as if his touch burned her, 'That is the mark imprinted on the secret guards -'

'- when they turn eighteen springs old', Gauri flinched at the memory of her branding. She was the youngest of the group and turned eighteen at the last. She was taken to the smithery of the palace one night, was laid on the alter of the blacksmith and two knights came to hold her pinned by her hands on the alter. Her favourite knight, with an expressionless face took a red hot stick, a lion's face designed at the end and ripping the cloth at her left shoulder off, he pressed the lion's face in there. She still shiver when the stench of her own skin burning revive in her senses. It hurt so much that she forgot to even scream, only tears of dread streamed south her face and she winced the following seven suns whenever she tried to overexert her left shoulder-

Her thoughts were cut short as she was pulled in a brotherly hug. Abhay almost jumped in excitement hugging her, 'So, you are here for King Omkara, right?'

'And you are making me late', Gauri glared at him playfully.

'Okay, but I would love to meet up with you guys, let's find out king Rudra's guards too at sometime, it'll be a nice reunion',

'Sure, good night', Gauri snuck out towards Omkara's bedchamber.

'Good night', Abhay disappeared again in darkness.

Holding a pile of curtains in her hand, she stopped by the door. In a gruff, dewatered voice she asked, 'May I pay my visit of duty, your majesty?'