Chapter : 7.4

Is there anything that we don't need to give up as a payback?

7.3 | The Confrontation |

~*~*~*~

Noises of airy gasps filled the room when Shivaay cried in surprise, 'You are not Princess Tia! Who are you?'

'Ummmph!', came the reply from her.

'Now you are married to me, I guess your mission is complete too, so why this façade? Remove that cloth from your mouth!', the crowd flinched at Shivaay's raged bark.

But the woman didn't obey him. Rather she glared back at him with equal rage, making the onlookers including the other kings astonished by her exhibition of such temerity. She seemed beautiful from the exposed part of her face, her forehead had scratches, a cloth was wrapped tightly around her face, yet, her beautiful black drawn eyes which streamed trails of tears captivated Shivaay's heart. Yet, that high-end reddened sculpt nose of hers, poked the mountain of his male ego only. Such disrespectful woman! She is the one at fault here, yet-

The throne room was heavy in anticipation and solidified silence. The woman shook her head a bit to let the veil side down at her feet and people were mesmerized by her elegant beauty. She was tall, lightly dusky and sturdy as an woman who practised armory. Though the reason behind this exchange of bride was unknown, but the crowd agreed, she was indeed a very very beautiful and supposedly a very strong queen.

But what made Shivaay too to rethink his conclusions about her was her hands. They were full of whip-marks and tied behind her. Her wild black locks were ruffling around, like hoods of numerous black snakes under the charm of a snake-charmer. He stepped forward to untie her mouth and hands, but when he finished, he had to jump back and take out his sword in a flash to tackle the swift swish made by the knife she produced from the pleats of her cloth. Its scythe-like blade produced sparks to fly around when it touched the blade of Shivaay's sword.

'I, am Anika. Daughter of the biggest pearl merchant of our kingdom, Late Ashoka Martreyam. I beg apologies for my rude behaviour, but I did not marry you intentionally, your bride forced me in this and she-'

'Apologies my King! A group of unknown people caught Princess Tia and a maid with whom she was fleeing off, and left by the door of the throne room! Should we bring her here?', A knight bowed, interrupting Anika.

'Bring them in',

Tia and another woman was brought in by the knights. She was shivering as a leaf of cane.

'Now, everyone is here, will someone care to explain why was I cheated, King Daksh!', Shivaay tried to control himself by gripping the hilt of his sword tightly.

'I don't acknowledge this marriage! Tia, how could you do this to me!! For a low life commoner, you snatched my betrothed away! I banish you from my kingdom! You ashamed our parents with your audacity! You ashamed me!! You ruined our family name! Anika! Anika, my love, I will not let you- AAH!!!', Daksh tried to step towards Anika, but had to step back.

Blood ran down from the rifts of his fingers as he pressed his hand over gash made by her knife, splitting open the skin from his upper right eyebrow to his left cheek, cutting over his nose.

'Don't you dare show your fake affection king Daksh! Wolf in a rabbit's skin!', she snarled.

'Residents of Isilwane, the honourable officials and honourable kings, I, Anika has been a prey to King Daksh's lowly scheme. If you grant me a freedom to let me defend myself, I would like to let you know what happened to me', Anika looked at Shivaay, who nodded at her to continue.