Chapter 8: The BBC interview

Although we had 1,000 things left to do and the wedding was soon tomorrow, we would make the final rehearsals for the ceremony and then make sure everything was in place. So we still decided to join in the program. A film crew would fly here and do the interview at our home which we thought was useful in the middle of all the planning. film crews and presenters were now on their way here. And tomorrow, it would be sent in the program already.

Still felt strange to be in front of the camera. When I filmed my YouTube videos is it just me in front of the camera, sometimes Niall who help me, but now it was a lot of other workers around. And still nervous for me. Niall seemed pretty calm not so surprising perhaps when been interviewed thousands of times before.

Me and Niall sat down in our couch in the living room where the interview would take place. Everything was fixed. The hosts started talking.

"Welcome back" Now we are sitting at home in Niall and Aicha house in their living room and will now talk about things children, wedding and life. Welcome to this morning, "said a small sweet girl named Catline that I talked to before. interview began running. After some retakes and so on were all set. Everything took about 2 hours. After all and all workers around the program driving back, I changed on to cozy clothes again and put me in front of the telly I was so tiredand especially all, it was so hot I was sweating like a pig throughout the broadcast. I took out the computer and started to write a blog post.

Hello! How are my readers? I feel myself fine except that it's super hot outside, inside. film crew et that I told you about earlier is now gone. Interview went better than expected. Entire will tomorrow be broadcast on the BBC morning program if you want to stalk me and Niall even more hahah. They asked all about how it is to not have children to how it is to be married. The hosts were very kind. Yeah you know, sometimes you have prejudice about how a person is. Catline (TV host was was very cute)

everything took about 2 hours. They congratulated us for the wedding and asked if the boys would sing you and I their old hit song. Which theme we would have and so on. and the main topic what it’s  like not being able to have children. Much of what I and Niall wrote in the post on the blog. I was nervous through the hole program. Niall sat relaxted. Maybe because he's done television, lots of other things several times before. More than me. He said he also was nervous, but think it was something he just said so I wouldn't feel alone being  nervous. The presenters did a great job. So I want to thank the bbc.

Oh all of you who asked what Derby had gone, he's still here though not with us. We have a lot to do with the wedding. So we ask Nialls mom and she said yes. So she take care of Derby until it all worked out. He will surely look a little different when he comes home. I still be the same dog but with some weight heavier. One thing that I and Niall have made a bet on. So I guess right, I forced him to go to dance class. Who do you think will win? Nialls mom has like a tendency to give him more food than he going to eat. I mean the food for us and not dog food.

Tomorrow is the final plan for the ceremony on the wedding day. Feels so strange it all when you think back to the day when we decided to get married. Until the day we decided rings and till now. What has the time gone.

I browsed through my old diary that I wrote about 8 years ago Niall was with me I'm going to add. Everything was from the summer when I and Karin met. The meeting with the boys as I called them. If you read further, you can understand that Niall was not long was called boy or Niall now my darling or sweetheart. When Niall and I looked in the book  together so much memories came up. Some of them may recognize some that have disappeared and even don’t  want to remember what happened. We laughed and cried together. During the time I wrote my diary I was quite closed person. Sure I opened myself but some things were easier to write about in the book than telling someone. Niall didn't see everything. Some things you don’t show to your soon married husband, I can tell you. And some things you don’t even say to the psychologist who has duty of professional secrecy. By the way you who have been asking. The help goes really well. Okay now I have to finish. Niall screaming at me that he need help (almost never happens). And another thank you to the bbc and all the warm words from you sitting somewhere and read this.

/ Aicha xx

I finished writing the post. Went in to Niall in the kitchen. Who had started checking off things on the list that would be finished until next week. Felt strange that in 5 days I would marry Niall we two are gonna stand in a park outside the city at a castle and middle of the rose arch and say the special words. Still can’t believe it after all months of planning.